Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I B Frusturated ...... :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-b-frusturated-t201841.html)

k9dancer 09-30-2012 07:15 PM

Found it on Amazon.com, but have no idea if the prices are competitive.

J Miller 10-01-2012 06:29 AM

k9dancer,
Thank you for reminding us about Amazon. The price there with shipping would save about $3.00. Every dollar saved is a dollar we can spend somewhere else. :)
Besides there is some things still in the wish list that would be nice to get too.

Elaine

Glenn 10-01-2012 11:37 AM

I pay $13.00 to $15.00 for a can of briwax here in my area. One can will last you a very long time. You need to apply the wax very thin let dry for a few minutes and buff to a shine.
Skip

PS What is the cost at amazon?

grayhare 10-01-2012 11:48 AM

I have a silly question, since I am not familiar with wood wax. How do you choose the color? Is it best to go with the clear, or best to match it to the cabinet? But, then clear wood work for any color wood, light or dark, correct?
Thank you,
Anamaria

J Miller 10-01-2012 01:15 PM

Skip,
Amazon was $12.00 plus about $4.00 shipping. Ace wants $19.00 for the wax and no shipping costs.

Anamaria,
I'm looking for the dark wax because that's what Skip told me I should use to help my refinish darken to match the untouched original parts.

Joe

Jeanette Frantz 10-01-2012 02:01 PM

Charlee,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been sick! Take care of yourself! and get well soon. I knew I hadn't seen anything from you lately! Of course, I'm usually about 4 days behind on reading the digest -- there are not enough hours in the day.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jeanette Frantz

Glenn 10-01-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5554684)
I have a silly question, since I am not familiar with wood wax. How do you choose the color? Is it best to go with the clear, or best to match it to the cabinet? But, then clear wood work for any color wood, light or dark, correct?
Thank you,
Anamaria

The clear will work on any wood. I use the dark to cover and enhance the old patina and to hide scratches. Don't worry if the can says dark walnut or dark mahogony just as long as it is dark. Dark is the key not the name of the color you will not be able to see any diff between them.
Skip

grayhare 10-01-2012 02:39 PM

Thank you Glenn!

Sauki1 10-01-2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5550508)
I don't understand it either. I know that O'Reily Auto Parts carry Briwax, but it's the automotive stuff. Why the local hardware and antique stores don't carry it when those in your area do is one on me.

Joe

If Lowes carries any Briwax, they may be able to arder your color for you. They have special order services that may be able to help.

Anngie

Glenn 10-01-2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare (Post 5555053)
Thank you Glenn!

You are nost welcome Anamaria
Skip