Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-couldnt-resist-i-had-bring-her-home-t179021.html)

BarbaraSue 02-11-2012 01:31 PM

I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home.

3 Attachment(s)

Went out to a consignment shop about a week ago. Just as I walked in the door, I could see a sewing machine cabinet that wasn't real new. Yes it was a sewing machine, a White Rotary to be exact. the tag said $20. While I began looking at it, the owner of the shop came over and dropped the price to $15.
It looked like she was missing a spool holder, but that wasn't a big problem. Later found out it was in the cabinet and not lost.
As I was taking her to the car, the gal handed me the "stuff" that goes with her.
The original owner's manual, a ruffler, 3 different sizes of hemmers, another plate I wasn't sure about, a quilting foot, a zipper/cording foot. A needle still unused, 3 wooden spools of thread, the screwdriver, 3 bobbins, 3 kinds of hem tape. possibly something else also.

After I was home, she is model #43, a deep brown wrinkled finish, knee control machine. Stills runs. Made no adjustments on the thread tension and she sews a beautiful stitch. I have used the bobboin winder and it is functional, but had to replace the tire. need to replace the motor tire that runs on the wheel. DH says that's why she sounds groany.
I found out that she shares the same bobbin that my grandma's WR treadle had, so I named the machine for her. She is "FessieMae". It is my grandma's maiden name and her middle name. I alreeady named my DD #1 after my grandma. Don't want to confuse the family anymore than usual. lol
Here are the picks. I only needed to use a little oil to get the dirt off. Thanks for looking.

Whigrose 02-11-2012 01:34 PM

U_la_la. How sweet is she!

Great find and I couldn't help smiling when reading about her naming.

Enjoy!

best,
d

mighty 02-11-2012 01:58 PM

Beautiful machine, great find. Love her name.

jayelee 02-11-2012 02:09 PM

Very cool Love her name

Charlee 02-11-2012 02:12 PM

:) Congrats!! She's going to be a fun machine to use!

Caroline S 02-11-2012 02:18 PM

I have her twin

2 Attachment(s)
My machine's name is Roger. I give my krinkle finish machines male names because they look so strong and masculine. Mine did not come with goodies like a manual or attachments. But he does have a bobbin case and a bobbin and the bobbin plate that is not in the picture. He is still out in the garage until I can find room in the house, LOL. His serial number is 43X66533. When was your machine made?

jaciqltznok 02-11-2012 10:18 PM

she is really pretty..and that price...wow..lucky you...

Scakes 02-12-2012 06:31 AM

Great find. I really like the crinkle finish machines.

valleyquiltermo 02-12-2012 06:37 AM

Great find you enjoy her, love her name.

ppquilter 02-12-2012 06:39 AM

Wow, great find!