Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I found a Treadle!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-found-treadle-t180249.html)

Grannyh67 02-22-2012 05:54 AM

I found a Treadle!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
OK, I finally found me a Treadle that works, lol...the Decals aren't too good because who ever cleaned Her up did not know what they were doing. They clear coated the machine too. I had a time cleaning off the gummed up mess they made on some of the parts but She works great. I am learning to treadle, lol.....man it has been a long time but I love it. I'm in Hog Heaven as us Arkies say, lol. I am attaching a Pic of Her. Her name is Bell Starr. Model 121, issued in 1908. I think I have this right. I just wish I could find a spoked wheel for my Red Eye now. Then I could think about putting Her back to treadle. Well here She is, if I have any info wrong here please correct me, Joy

Grannyh67 02-22-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 (Post 4997266)
OK, I finally found me a Treadle that works, lol...the Decals aren't too good because who ever cleaned Her up did not know what they were doing. They clear coated the machine too. I had a time cleaning off the gummed up mess they made on some of the parts but She works great. I am learning to treadle, lol.....man it has been a long time but I love it. I'm in Hog Heaven as us Arkies say, lol. I am attaching a Pic of Her. Her name is Bell Starr. Model 121, issued in 1908. I think I have this right. I just wish I could find a spoked wheel for my Red Eye now. Then I could think about putting Her back to treadle. Well here She is, if I have any info wrong here please correct me, Joy

OK, I messed up, I think this is a 127 not a 121. I was thinking and I should never do that, lol.....Charlee help or anyone else out there who knows for sure if this is a 127 or a 27. I found two different things, one said 127 the other said 27.?

frarose 02-22-2012 07:00 AM

Looks good except too bad they removed the decals. I have one upstairs that still works. I could use a new cord around the wheel but it is okay. This is the kind of machine I learned to sew on.

LindaR 02-22-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by frarose (Post 4997476)
Looks good except too bad they removed the decals. I have one upstairs that still works. I could use a new cord around the wheel but it is okay. This is the kind of machine I learned to sew on.

looks like someone scrapped the decals off???? weird, maybe was going to paint???

jljack 02-22-2012 08:29 AM

Too bad they used some harsh cleaner and took the decals right off. I think it's a 127, but not sure myself! That straight leg treadle it's in is also not the original, as it's got those thinner metal legs and looks exactly like my 1950's straight leg treadle. No problem...it works and we mix the machines and bases all the time, just to get them working! You did good!!

vintagemotif 02-22-2012 08:48 AM

Nice! Singer 27 the bobbin winder is located low, Singer 127 bobbin winder is located high. Singer 127 has a shutter ejector while the 27 doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Model_27_and_127

You have a straight-leg treadle for added info.

And you should be able to treadle your Redeye without a spoke wheel. I treadle a Singer 201 that doesn't have a spoke wheel.

beehappyquilts 02-22-2012 08:52 AM

Congratulations to your newest family member. What a super find. I have rescued 7 Singer machines, both Featherweights and Treadle. They are so wonderful.

Charlee 02-22-2012 09:40 AM

Joy, you have a nice girl there, and you SHOULD be in "hog heaven"!! :)
Monica already gave you the info for her, so I won't repeat it, and she's also right in that you don't need a spoked wheel to treadle...you'd need one to fit a handcrank if that's what you wanted to do. :)

Have fun!!!!!

pinkberrykay 02-22-2012 09:53 AM

Her wood is gorgeous, too bad they ruined her decals. Congrats!!

Grannyh67 02-22-2012 02:47 PM

Thanks to you all, I guess I have a Model 27, lol.....I am learning I think, lol...every time I think I have sure enough I don't. What ever She is I love Her, It sews wonderful. Thanks again for all your help, Joy