Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I think we've gone crazy! Vintage machines left and right! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-think-weve-gone-crazy-vintage-machines-left-right-t200122.html)

pinkCastleDH 10-06-2012 09:02 AM

Finishing up

8 Attachment(s)
Our first 27. I love the sphinx decal set! Then today's find, our second 27, with the Persian decals. Gorgeous decals though the machine's dirty and the cabinet isn't in particularly good shape. The puzzle box was a surprise, though - I didn't know about it when I went to look at the machine.

That leaves just a 201 that's still in its art deco cabinet and that cabinet is buried under another cabinet so its pictures will have to wait. As I remember it's in pretty nice shape and was being used up until fairly recently.

miriam 10-06-2012 03:08 PM

Looks like it is just only dirty - you'll manage it. LOL

pinkCastleDH 10-06-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5566804)
Looks like it is just only dirty - you'll manage it. LOL

Fortunately only one of the others we picked up today is grimy. The others all look very nice (though the 128 is missing a slide plate.) The Frister & Rossmann is gorgeous!

miriam 10-06-2012 03:57 PM

I'll send the DGKs up to help clean - they love digging grime and dirt out of the corners with Qtips - whole boxes of them - dirty on one end and discard.... next time the Qtips will have the ends cut off so they can do the other ends... Wilbur goes after screws with a screwdriver - laughing with glee...

pinkCastleDH 10-06-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5566876)
I'll send the DGKs up to help clean - they love digging grime and dirt out of the corners with Qtips - whole boxes of them - dirty on one end and discard.... next time the Qtips will have the ends cut off so they can do the other ends... Wilbur goes after screws with a screwdriver - laughing with glee...

Miriam, how's the little guy doing?

miriam 10-06-2012 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH (Post 5566887)
Miriam, how's the little guy doing?

Well he is responding to medication!!! Sores are healing. He is sleeping at night with out moaning and crying and thrashing about. We don't know how the sinus is - he has nose bleeds less frequently than last week. Some icky gunk came out this morning. He is terrorizing his sisters with the diarrhea though... He thinks is he does it right he can produce loud music at will... AHEM... Well he already figured out how to burp... Now this... He's working on it... LOL

miriam 10-06-2012 04:13 PM

Too bad you don't live close - I could fix you up with a bunch more machines.

pinkcastle 10-06-2012 04:24 PM

Just what we need!! LOL We really need to slow down. I can't believe how addictive this is!

pinkCastleDH 10-06-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by pinkcastle (Post 5566929)
Just what we need!! LOL We really need to slow down.

Wait a second! If she's got a nice light oak parlor cabinet that's surplus to her needs we'd be selfish not to make the trip to take it off her hands. What kind of community member do you want to be? Really, it's not that far....
:)