Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Kenmore cams (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/kenmore-cams-t184073.html)

J Miller 03-26-2012 02:45 PM

Kenmore cams

We were out and about today and found a complete set of cams for a Kenmore machine.
The is close to 30 cams I think. It's a complete set.
They are the orange single and while dual level top hat cams.
They were marked $4.95 IIRC.

There is also another box with a button holer cams and extra high Kenmore presser feet. This box no doubt goes with the cams and it's for a machine that has a free arm.

I hope that made sense. Anyway, if anyone wants or needs these let me know and we'll go get 'em for you.

Joe

Charlee 03-26-2012 02:54 PM

I have these cams already, and I'm sure they fit more than just the model I have, but mine is a Kenmore model 1980 Convertible, if that helps anyone. :)

J Miller 03-26-2012 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Charlee,

Thanks, hopefully someone can use them. They've been there for quite a while.

We also found this set of cams at another store and bought them: see photo. There are 29 cams in the box, should have been 30 but #2 is missing.
There are no markings on the box or cams to indicate what brand or machine they fit.
Same thing, anybody know what they fit, please let us know, if you know and can use them, let us know.

Monroe 03-26-2012 04:40 PM

My Kenmore uses single level cams, and my Mom's uses double level cams. We used to call them double deckers. I only have a few of them. How much were they? I'd probably be interested if it's not inconvenient for you. The Kenmores are both flatbeds, low shanks from the mid 1970's. No clue about the 2nd set of cams. Thanks, Janet

Charlee 03-26-2012 05:05 PM

Joe, the cams you have pictured remind me of some I saw with a vintage Nechi...

J Miller 03-26-2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Monroe (Post 5092803)
My Kenmore uses single level cams, and my Mom's uses double level cams. We used to call them double deckers. I only have a few of them. How much were they? I'd probably be interested if it's not inconvenient for you. The Kenmores are both flatbeds, low shanks from the mid 1970's. No clue about the 2nd set of cams. Thanks, Janet

Monroe,
The cam set was $5.00 before taxes ( rounded up to the nearest $$) We're by there off and on during the week, so it's not out of the way to get them.
PM me and we can work out the details.

Charlee,

I was thinking they were for a foreign brand machine. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in and let us know.

Joe

MaggieLou 03-28-2012 06:02 AM

I would be interested in both if you still have them. I have a super high shank Kenmore Model 1703 (158-17030). I'm particularly looking for the quilting feet. I have some of the cams but not all.

J Miller 03-28-2012 06:16 AM

Margaret,

Monroe has already spoken up for the cams. We'll be glad to grab the other box of things for you. I don't know exactly what is in the second box but we'll get it and take pics of what's in there. I'll PM you when I have done that.

Joe

J Miller 03-28-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5092562)
Charlee,

Thanks, hopefully someone can use them. They've been there for quite a while.

We also found this set of cams at another store and bought them: see photo. There are 29 cams in the box, should have been 30 but #2 is missing.
There are no markings on the box or cams to indicate what brand or machine they fit.
Same thing, anybody know what they fit, please let us know, if you know and can use them, let us know.

According to the information in this site: http://www.bohnwebdesign.com/statewide2.html#Cams
The 29 light blue cams are for a Kenmore. They didn't specify which model though.

Joe

craftymatt2 03-28-2012 06:36 AM

Wow, those r nice.