Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Meet Zelda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/meet-zelda-t193129.html)

#1piecemaker 06-29-2012 11:36 AM

Meet Zelda

1 Attachment(s)
I had to go to the doctor this morning and on the way I saw a yard sale sign. Of all days for the nurse to be late. When I finally got out of there my truck headed straight for it. First thing I spotted was Zelda. She was sitting there in her wooden box. Can anybody tell me about her?

Bennett 06-29-2012 11:44 AM

Zelda is pretty darned cool! And you got a neat bentwood case too. :) She's a Singer 15-91 ("potted" motor on the back, gear driven). Takes regular 15x1 needles, short shank presser feet.

If you go to the ISMACS database, you can date her by her serial number.

Make sure the wiring is good, give her some oil, and have fun with her! (Love mine).

barri1 06-29-2012 11:52 AM

She is very pretty.. Enjoy her

chips88 06-29-2012 11:59 AM

nice machine . i also have one she is in a cabinet with knee control. love love to sew with her. thanks for sharing. and you enjoy zelda

Mitch's mom 06-29-2012 02:41 PM

Ohhhhh... Pretty! I love 15-91's. They sew so well and will sew pretty much whatever you throw at them - even leather with the right needle and some patience. They also FMQ wonderfully.
As Bennett said, check the wiring and make sure there is grease in the grease tubes.

mighty 06-29-2012 02:45 PM

Great machine!!!!

Muv 06-29-2012 02:55 PM

Well done! ... Lovely decals, and not a spot of rust, but I don't suppose that's much of a problem in Arizona...

If you need instructions for threading it watch my video on how to thread a 15K treadle in the sticky thread at the beginning of this section.

terri bb 06-29-2012 05:14 PM

oh look at her!~ she is so cute!!!!!!! i can't wait to try her when we come down! :)

#1piecemaker 06-30-2012 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5326821)
Well done! ... Lovely decals, and not a spot of rust, but I don't suppose that's much of a problem in Arizona...

If you need instructions for threading it watch my video on how to thread a 15K treadle in the sticky thread at the beginning of this section.

I did watch your video. Nice! Thanks so much. Mine is reverse. The tension is on the back of the machine. I also watched you take the wheel off and clean in there. Very helpful!

#1piecemaker 06-30-2012 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom (Post 5326798)
Ohhhhh... Pretty! I love 15-91's. They sew so well and will sew pretty much whatever you throw at them - even leather with the right needle and some patience. They also FMQ wonderfully.
As Bennett said, check the wiring and make sure there is grease in the grease tubes.

Okay. I am at a loss here. Where are the grease tubes? I printed off the manual that Bennett so kindly provided me with. I guess I'd better get to studying it. Thanks for mentioning them. What kind of grease do I use?