Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Monograms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/monograms-t215399.html)

miriam 03-03-2013 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try again for picture #2[ATTACH=CONFIG]399604[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sheesh - I don't know if the new ones are coming up or not...
so you all know how to clean out a tension with a q-tip or you can figure it out... Lets try the picture of the dohicky in action.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399605[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops that pic has the nose plate off to have the tension cleaned - looks like the machine could benefit from a clean up anyway. I'll try one more pic of the finished monogrammer coming off the contraption.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399607[/ATTACH]

liking quilting 03-03-2013 05:52 PM

Very neat; I never knew those old machines could do monogramming. Thank's for showing us.

miriam 03-03-2013 06:13 PM

They can do all kinds of stuff with attachments. I think it would work to use a marker that washes out etc and then free motion. Those monogram letters are pretty simple. I think a zig zag machine could be used with that dohicky then taper the letters as desired - might take a bit of practice. I also think the letters could have decorative stitches added later. It would all take practice.

kitsykeel 03-03-2013 06:14 PM

Even though I have an embroidery machine, I would love to have one of those to use on my Kennie or Morse. If you ever see one would you think of me and let me know.

deedum 03-03-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5902082)
Looks like the thing it rides on was taken apart already in the second picture. It is a little tricky to put it together the first time. The first picture is the way it should go. Now I should go get out the Singer Slant-o-matic monogrammer and see if I can get it to work - Nah - no time. I haven't gone to the grocery in a while and it has to happen... DH likes to be well fed.

Gee, I was thinking today I need to find the slant o mattic monogrammer myself. I just got a 403 Friday so I was excited to see i could get this. Now to find one. Really think I am going to like this machine.

miriam 03-03-2013 06:17 PM

This is the only one I've ever seen. I have seen some other types for Kenmore and some for Slant-o-matic but the letters aren't as big. I'm thinking the key is to drop the feed dogs and to loosen the tension. Make sure thread flows real easy. About like you would adjust for FM.
I'm hoping someone knows how to use the Kenmore monogrammer. I have one but no instructions. Maybe someone has the instructions.

miriam 03-03-2013 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 5902294)
Gee, I was thinking today I need to find the slant o mattic monogrammer myself. I just got a 403 Friday so I was excited to see i could get this. Now to find one. Really think I am going to like this machine.

The 403 is what I use at home. I love it. I don't love that not everything works on it. This monogrammer does not work on it or a high shank machine. I had to dig out that old clone to find one that the dohicky worked on. The Phoenix is another nice machine but the attachment did not connect - some where it's a hair off or I was.

Mom3 03-03-2013 09:42 PM

Miriam,

Thanks for posting your doo-hickey! Basically it works as a stylus with a small hoop around the fabric. Neat idea!