Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My 222k (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-222k-t217020.html)

Letty 03-22-2013 07:50 AM

My 222k

So excited my 222k is here and she is lovely,gleaming and works like a dream.I know I will have to practice using the foot pedal,my modern machine works without one.I have spinal problems so have problems operating with my feet.What an incentive though, I'm sure it will be good therapy .I will have lots of questions for the forum, not sure how to use the quilting mode with feed dogs down and sewing a 1/4 in seam.Just happy at the moment to practice speed of sewing and stroking her!! love from a happy Letty.

valleyquiltermo 03-22-2013 07:54 AM

So what is her name and where is her picture?? I love mine

J Miller 03-22-2013 08:24 AM

Letty,

I've never seen a 222. I'd probably try to abscond with it if I did. :)

As for foot exercise and control, try a treadle machine. You can get some pretty decent therapy with one. I also have spinal problems and find I get tuckered out pretty quick when I treadle a lot. But that only means I'm burning calories.

Joe

Blackberry 03-22-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5946215)
Letty,

As for foot exercise and control, try a treadle machine. You can get some pretty decent therapy with one. I also have spinal problems and find I get tuckered out pretty quick when I treadle a lot. But that only means I'm burning calories.

Joe

You are so right about that exercise on the treadle. I used mine for a little while yesterday after getting off the bicycle and my legs were something like jelly but oh to think of the calories I used. Now for a cup of coffee and my favorite toffee cookie that I love so much.

cabbagepatchkid 03-22-2013 04:06 PM

WHAT??? No pictures??!!!! :D Congratulations on your beautiful 'new' 222!!

mighty 03-22-2013 04:14 PM

Congrats, enjoy!!!

Letty 03-24-2013 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5946215)
Letty,

Joe

Hi Joe, the 222k has a freearm feature and you can also lower the feeddogs,I would post a picture, she, that is 'Daisy', will be photographed for sure.The only problem is, not sure how to post one !!! My husband is so taken with her he is looking to buy another so that he can practice taking it apart in order to know how to service them etc, what a love. Letty

KyKaren1949 03-24-2013 04:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403884[/ATTACH]This is a 222 Joe. The baseplate slides to the left to take it off leaving a free arm. This is one I bought from a dealer in London, England.

Letty 03-24-2013 10:04 AM

Hi Karen, they are lovely, I didn't get the instruction book for the 222k, or the hoop, yours looks just lovely,it is so good to own ,and use these little machines.I feel history everytime I sew with mine. Letty

Letty 03-25-2013 09:59 AM

Hi all you featherweight adicts. Well my husband was so taken with the featherweight 222k he bought for me he has now won the bidding on ebay for a really pristine 221k. His excuse, well it was such a bargain and it will enable him to learn to service both. I think really it brings back memories of his darling grandmother and when he used to help her treadle her machine as a child.He is also a darling man and I am so happy to have the use of these machines. Goodness me, I never sewed a button on until I was 50 yrs old,now 73yrs and happy to have this wonderful patchwork and quilting hobby. Love Letty