Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Last treadle for now! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-last-treadle-now-t173409.html)

krista 12-27-2011 05:53 PM

My Last treadle for now!

6 Attachment(s)
This is my New Royal treadle machine. I paid $30 for it. It came with all the accessories, manual and belt, 5 of the 6 original bobbins. It is a shuttle bobbin system. I'm not sure what it's called. the cabinet is in nice condition. I just wish that whoever cleaned her up didn't ruin the decals. The decals are all silver and rubbed off in spots. Some rust in other areas. Overall a great machine. I just need to hook the belt up to it and run her. I did clean her up with Snap On waterless hand cleaner and took a lot of the grime off her. Now I need to clean off the cabinet. Does anyone now how to get the bobbin out from below the needle? Do I unscrew the screw that's on it? Thank you for any info. The number plate says 319042. The patent on the plate says June 29, 1897. Any information on her would be great. The last picture is the after cleaning. Thank you!

valleyquiltermo 12-27-2011 06:01 PM

Very nice and well worth the money, the cabinet is just beautiful, so sorry they messed up the decals. Not sure if I can help with getting the bobbin out, on my 1909 singer you take out the shuttle and then the bobbin slides out the end of it. Not sure it is the same on your machine though.

Grannyh67 12-28-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by krista (Post 4816507)
This is my New Royal treadle machine. I paid $30 for it. It came with all the accessories, manual and belt, 5 of the 6 original bobbins. It is a shuttle bobbin system. I'm not sure what it's called. the cabinet is in nice condition. I just wish that whoever cleaned her up didn't ruin the decals. The decals are all silver and rubbed off in spots. Some rust in other areas. Overall a great machine. I just need to hook the belt up to it and run her. I did clean her up with Snap On waterless hand cleaner and took a lot of the grime off her. Now I need to clean off the cabinet. Does anyone now how to get the bobbin out from below the needle? Do I unscrew the screw that's on it? Thank you for any info. The number plate says 319042. The patent on the plate says June 29, 1897. Any information on her would be great. The last picture is the after cleaning. Thank you!

You have done an excellent job. That cabinet is so pretty, wish I had it. The machine cleaned up good, too bad someone did not know to protect the decals, Granny

Charlee 12-28-2011 08:18 AM

Nice!
I can't read what it says for the company on the manual?

To remove the bobbin, slide the long plate in front toward you, then the shuttle should just lift out, the bobbin will slide out of that. :)

ETA: I enlarged and could see the plate on the machine "Illinois Sewing Machine Company". :)

quilt addict 12-28-2011 11:58 AM

Nice find and it cleaned up really well. Charlee has the instructions on the bobbin. Good luck. Seems my luck finding the good deals has dried up. But glad you did well.

Donna Yount 12-28-2011 07:45 PM

You really got a nice machine, and I am sure it has many more miles to run. Great find.

SunlitenSmiles 12-29-2011 07:10 AM

It is beautiful.......I just know there is a treadle in my future someday.....first sewed on my lovely Aunts SINGER treadle machine when i was a toddler, first "dancing" with the footplate and then steering the fabric while she did the footplate............she had the pacience (sp) of a saint !!!!!

Congratulations on a wonderful 'find' and wishing you years of enjoyment

sewnbug 12-29-2011 07:33 AM

Great looking machine. I just love treadles.