Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My payment for sitting at an auction all day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-payment-sitting-auction-all-day-t177472.html)

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 01-29-2012 06:36 PM

My payment for sitting at an auction all day

5 Attachment(s)
I went to an auction today with my mother and the lady had tons of buttons, old cothes, and tables and tables of fabric, lace and sewing what nots.......too many to mention. She had purshased everything she had been eyeing all day and then this item came up and she paid $30.00 for it and said here this is yours. I have always wanted to start collecting old sewing machines and now maybe?? I have my first one. This one appears to have been made into a lamp and not sure I want to keep it this way. The letter states Deluxe Precision "Centennial" and below it says Made in Taiwan and Serial #018206. Its looks like its in good condition but not sure if its even a real one or a replica to look like an old machine. Does anyone know anymore information about this? If it is a real machine can parts still be ordered for them to fix it? If not I think this will make a great conversation piece. Thanks for all your help.

Charlee 01-29-2012 06:42 PM

Pretty! :) I couldn't tell you much about it, but I think I'd leave it as a lamp...it's already been drilled out for it, and I like the shade! :D

irishrose 01-29-2012 07:08 PM

I would think because they didn't drill through the arm or pillar that the machine will sew. It is a beautiful machine. Is the bobbin case there?

Tartan 01-29-2012 08:34 PM

You could look at it as an adventure. Keep a picture of her in your purse with all her information and hunt for her parts every time you go antiquing. You might want to check out what she will need from an expert before the hunt. If it turns out you can't restore her she will make a great addition to your sewing room as a lamp. You certainly won't be knocking that lamp off the table. I think I might change the lamp shade to a more sedate black rectangle?

Janis 01-29-2012 11:24 PM

My first thought would be to try and see if everything moves. If it does, and there's a bobbin, you might be able to turn her into a hand crank.... Just a thought. Very pretty decals!

miriam 01-30-2012 05:29 AM

I kind of think it makes a nice lamp. Why mess with it. If it is a clone it might make you do a happy dance if it does work though.

Cacklinghen 01-30-2012 07:18 AM

Beautiful-how lucky you are..

Rosewood9 01-30-2012 08:16 AM

This is beautiful, but a lamp???? Made me giggle.

Mom3 01-30-2012 08:42 AM

Funky! I like funky - I'd keep it just like it is and put it in my sewing room. :)

I've seen the cast iron bases cut down for coffee tables, the very old style 'foot' shaped controller turned into lamps, etc.

Shari

ThayerRags 01-30-2012 08:44 AM

Too bad they didn’t drill the stem hole over by the pillar, and then turned the stem the other way to center the light over the machine. Might have been a really useful quilt piecing machine, and a lamp too!

CD in Oklahoma