Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   NEED Necchi help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/need-necchi-help-please-t218411.html)

Noiseynana 04-06-2013 12:27 PM

NEED Necchi help please

I fell for a Necchi machine model 536FB today. I mean I fell for the sales pitch, Yes it does work. I trusted him and spent $20.00 for it. Got it home and out of the car and nothin works. I mean NOTHIN!!! Yard sale at a empty store lot. Have no idea who these people were. ANy way the needle is stuck down , the darn thing won't move at all. ANd when I went to plug it in to the wall ( its in a cabinet) there is no foot/knee pedal. Boy did I get took. I have a big problem trusting people. I swear they see "sucker" on my forehead when I go in and "idiot " on my butt as I leave. Where do I go from here? ANy advice? Please??????

Candace 04-06-2013 01:34 PM

You crack me up. Sorry you got took. I've been "taken" a few times myself. It's actually why I got so involved with repairing machines. You believe people that it 'works' and then have to learn how to repair it or lose all your money!

You can get a foot control for it from SewClassic. Shoot Jenny an e-mail and she can tell you which one to order. You'll have to clean it and order some Triflow from Jenny. Don't use it on the motor, but open it up and oil the metal parts that move. You may need a new belt too.

Caroline S 04-06-2013 01:47 PM

Sit down and take a deep breath. Then take a good look at your "naughty" Necchi. If you can remove the needle then remove the bobbin case (hope she came with one) and clean out any old lint and threads that might have jammed the machine. If she were mine I remove the top cover and oil everything that looks as if it would move. Open the face cover and do the same. Not sure about the underneath though. If you have another sewing machine with a cord block and foot controller you should be able to use it to see if your machine is functional motorwise. Look on the bright side, the cabinet might be usable for another sewing machine if the Necchi turns out to be a door stop.

Mitch's mom 04-06-2013 02:27 PM

look inside the cabinet in the right hand corner. The foot control might be in a bracket on the side. It may be wired as a knee control.
A word of wisdom from one who has also been taken: Always try to move the hand wheel, check for a bobbin case and the power cords and foot control. If one of those 3 things are missing or not working I pass. Life is too short and sewing machines too plentiful. This does not apply to a Pfaff or a Bernina machine; even if they don't work, the parts have value.

Noiseynana 04-06-2013 03:56 PM

Thank you all sooooooo much. I did take the top off and splattered wd-40 all in it. I figured if it worked , great but if not then what the heck. whwhwhwhaaaaaaa The power cords are hangin loose and there is nothing there that could even look like a control. So now I've emailed Sew-classic and I'll see what they say. ( I mean before beatin the daylights out of the durn thing with a hammer. Good thing I got a cabinet now that I can put my brother or singer in. Besides , I have found out that sometimes a hammer is just the thing to get it movin. hehehe

miriam 04-07-2013 03:49 AM

Here is a link to my fixing up a stuck 15 clone - I just used Tri-flow. Some times it takes a little while for the tri-flow to work - have patience.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t169127.html
More info toward the end than in the badly done pictures.

Noiseynana 04-07-2013 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5983490)
Here is a link to my fixing up a stuck 15 clone - I just used Tri-flow. Some times it takes a little while for the tri-flow to work - have patience.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t169127.html
More info toward the end than in the badly done pictures.

Miriam, I will order triflow today. Love the blue machine. I'll try to be patient , bbbuuuuttttt I don't know. hehehe

miriam 04-07-2013 05:20 AM

heat can help too but you don't want to melt plastic or paint... T-F is the best - it can be found at bike shops, too. The blue machine was abandoned again. Hannah left my son with the machine - he gave Janie back to me and I sold the machine.

BuzzinBumble 04-07-2013 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana (Post 5982409)
I swear they see "sucker" on my forehead when I go in and "idiot " on my butt as I leave.

What happened isn't funny, but when I read the funny way you described it, I burst out laughing. You are too funny Noiseynana! The others here already gave you good advice, I just wanted to say - keep that great sense of humor and it will help you through many a situation.

BertieD 04-07-2013 09:41 AM

BuzzinBumble: Your "My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide" made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the chuckle!