Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Needle position adjustment on a Dressmaker 2000 machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/needle-position-adjustment-dressmaker-2000-machine-t191956.html)

miriam 09-30-2012 06:11 PM

Joe - does it have some gummy oil in the zz piston?

J Miller 10-01-2012 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5553185)
Joe - does it have some gummy oil in the zz piston?

Miriam,
Will try to check it later today.

Joe

path49 10-01-2012 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 5553144)
Are you sure the needle is facing the correct way. On one of my machines I remember my needle hitting, just like yours, and when I did a search on the correct way to face the needle I found that I had it in wrong. When I changed it around it fit perfectly through the hole.

Joe, Cathy may have hit on it! In the pictures it looks like the eye of the needle is facing forward. Shouldn't it thread from left to right?

J Miller 10-01-2012 08:33 AM

Pat, Cathy,

The picture were taken as it came to us. I had not started checking on it at that time. You are correct, the needle is in wrong in that picture. However once oriented properly it still did not make it through the hole.

I have since corrected most of the side to side maladjustments, the biggest problem now is the cam drive is binding, the patterns are not properly formed and the top thread keeps breaking.

Joe

miriam 10-01-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5554305)
the biggest problem now is the cam drive is binding, the patterns are not properly formed and the top thread keeps breaking. Joe

Joe it could be you need some more oil and heat near the cam drive - something is still gummed up. oil it every way from Sunday... and then turn the machine upside down and every other direction so the oil can penetrate... The top thread could be a tension problem or thread not flowing through right - hanging up somewhere.

J Miller 10-01-2012 10:36 AM

Miriam,

That's very possible. That machine had been cleaned on the outside, but was very dirty and grimy under the front control panel and inside. I've put a lot of oil in it and it still has problems. Right now I can't it anywhere near my work bench so it waits.

Joe

Catmomma 03-11-2024 06:09 PM

Dressmaker manual

Hello. If you join the vintage Japanese group there are manuals in their files. You can print the one you want out.

bkay 03-12-2024 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Catmomma (Post 8640647)
Hello. If you join the vintage Japanese group there are manuals in their files. You can print the one you want out.

Catmomma, Joe, Miriam, etc. no longer post here. This thread is from 2012, so things have changed for everyone. I looked for Miriam and Joe, but as far as I was able to ascertain, they aren't posting on sewing machine sites anymore. Both were a enjoyable to read. Miriam had a deep knowledge of old sewing machines.
bkay