Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/new-home-vintage-sewing-machines-club-t62186.html)

miriam 10-01-2012 02:20 AM

Interesting. How did you get your pictures to all load on one window??? If I do that everything collapses.

pinkCastleDH 10-01-2012 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5553544)
Interesting. How did you get your pictures to all load on one window??? If I do that everything collapses.

Miriam,

I use the Go Advanced button, then Manage Attachments. In the Manage Attachments screen I choose Upload files from your Computer, pick a file, press Upload and repeat for each picture. The downside of doing this (at least on the iPad) is that I haven't been able to mingle text and photographs yet.

miriam 10-01-2012 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH (Post 5553563)
Miriam,

I use the Go Advanced button, then Manage Attachments. In the Manage Attachments screen I choose Upload files from your Computer, pick a file, press Upload and repeat for each picture. The downside of doing this (at least on the iPad) is that I haven't been able to mingle text and photographs yet.

oh is that it. I can get a pic to come up some times - more than one pic - no way.
I'll try again.

miriam 10-01-2012 03:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366777[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366778[/ATTACH]

miriam 10-01-2012 03:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366779[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]366780[/ATTACH]

miriam 10-01-2012 03:12 AM

This one looks some what like a clone but there are some differences. I like the machine. It came in a bentwood case!

pinkCastleDH 10-02-2012 06:57 AM

I was just doing some research and it seems the New Home shuttles/bobbins fit the New National. Tried it out and it seems to move freely but I'll have to actually get it threaded up before I can say for sure that it's working with the other shuttle.

J Miller 10-02-2012 09:13 AM

I think many of the New Homes shared the same bobbins, shuttles and needles. I have a NH Mdl AB and a Greyhound New Home Mdl 30 that are completely different machines yet they use the same bobbins, shuttles and needles.
I'm fairly sure they use the same bobbin winder too.

Joe

DanofNJ 10-02-2012 06:02 PM

That New National is beyond beautiful.

pinkCastleDH 10-03-2012 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by DanofNJ (Post 5558131)
That New National is beyond beautiful.

It was the least expensive machine we got that day, too. The slide plates are corroded badly enough that they no longer meet properly and they're loose. It looks like the ones from the Type A that we got that day fit, though, so they shouldn't be too bad to replace if we decide to do so. We also need to find a shuttle and bobbins for it - does anyone have a reliable source for these? Fleabay (understandably) seems rife with Singer versions but sparse on other brands.

Once this machine is cleaned up I think it's going to be a bit of a showpiece.