Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   NO WAY! *vent* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/no-way-%2Avent%2A-t45053.html)

danmar 05-06-2010 04:36 AM

I have an aversion to know-it-all people! Good for you sticking to your guns!

BellaBoo 05-06-2010 04:42 AM

I bought a tube of Singer Lube not long ago, it's a heavy grease shaped into a tube that you push into the round hole for the motor.

Oklahoma Suzie 05-06-2010 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
All I can say is, OMG. This man is in the wrong business!

I agree, aren't you glad you know enough not to have him touch one of your machines.

sandpat 05-06-2010 04:48 AM

Good for you Charlee!! Oh man....I'm soo glad he's not near me because I wouldn't have know the difference. I'm not all that knowledgable about the mechanics of my machines :oops:

JJs 05-06-2010 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Singer lubricant - found at JoAnns and larger Walmarts...
use for gears and potted motors...

says so right in the 221 (and other) manuals!

Jingle 05-06-2010 04:50 AM

Good for you Charlee, Sorry to say lots of repairmen don't know what they are doing, we've had a furnace repairman tell me because I was able to get the furnace to come on, I had wiped the problem out of the computer and he couldn't tell what was wrong with it. He still charged me $90.00 for the service call, didn't even know how to get the door back on it. You can bet he won't be called again. Had a bad experience with an authorized Juki sewing machine dealer also.

beachlady 05-06-2010 05:12 AM

Boy, you have to be careful, don't you? I just got a beautiful Singer treadle at an auction for $15.00!!! Now I need to find someone to carry up to my sewing room! Wish Billy lived closer so I could have him look at it!! They also had a white treadle, but the cabinet and machine were so beat up that no one even bid on it. Will post pix later.

sewgull 05-06-2010 05:57 AM

Bless you taking your machine from this nut.
I ask a so called certified Pfaff dealer just to look at one thread tension on my machine. I told him NOT to do any repairs.
The idiot said no problem. He BROKE my machine. It cost me over $800 to get what he did repaired. Another Pfaff dealer that knew what he was doing. Now I tell every person I see don't let "Sewing in the Carolinas' touch your machine.
My friend went there they sold her a broke machine.
They would not take the machine back. Thank goodness she had paid by credit card. This was before we new each other.

Born2Sew 05-06-2010 06:11 AM

I've certainly had my share of so called repairmen who supposedly knew their stuff. There is a certain dealership in Wichita FAlls TX that I refuse to darken their door for this very reason. Instead, I will drive the extra distance to Denton Sewing Center where they know what they're doing.

amandasgramma 05-06-2010 06:50 AM

Charlee -- hopefully that was someone in Redmond and not Bend, right???????

My mother had a Singer.....the repairman was an idiot (I think he's dead now, so it's not the same guy). Mom couldn't sew more than 5 stitches before the thread would break. FINALLY, after 10-15 times taking it to the shop, after a new repairman came to town, the new one discovered a piece of sharp metal down in the machine where the needle goes in. I'm sorry to see repairmen haven't improved any over the years!!!!