Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Old Treadle-Butterfield (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/old-treadle-butterfield-t181837.html)

Grannyh67 03-06-2012 10:16 AM

Old Treadle-Butterfield

Does anyone know anything about this machine. I don't have a pic it is in a Antique shop. I do not know anything about it . It is a beautiful machine but has the bobbin case missing. I am not sure if I can get parts for it. I f I can I am going to buy it. Thanks for any info on very little info. All I know it in great shape with beautiful decals and says Butterfield on the machine. Joy

quilt addict 03-06-2012 02:52 PM

It is hard to say. Would need a picture of it to help you identify what it is? If it looks like a mid century machine I would guess that is a Japanese made Model 15 that has been badged with that name for some company/store.

Quilt Mom 03-06-2012 03:14 PM

I did a search...

It appears there was a Butterfield & Stevens Company in 1853, morphing through several names to William Butterfield Co. by 1870. The machine they made was a 'patent wax thread machine' (used for boots?) I could not find pictures. So, is it that old? Or might it be a badged machine made in the 1900s? Can you post a pic, or find a picture on line of something similar?

Grannyh67 03-07-2012 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom (Post 5037039)
I did a search...

It appears there was a Butterfield & Stevens Company in 1853, morphing through several names to William Butterfield Co. by 1870. The machine they made was a 'patent wax thread machine' (used for boots?) I could not find pictures. So, is it that old? Or might it be a badged machine made in the 1900s? Can you post a pic, or find a picture on line of something similar?

I am going to try to find one that looks like it. I might have to go back and get a Pic or I might just buy Her and worry about parts later, lol....I could always use the cabinet I guess. I think the Machine is pretty enough to give Her a try. LOL....I will post pic's is I get Her. I could not believe the condition the machine was in, great condition..Joy

Grannyh67 03-07-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom (Post 5037039)
I did a search...

I am going to try to find one that looks like it. I might have to go back and get a Pic or I might just buy Her and worry about parts later, lol....I could always use the cabinet I guess. I think the Machine is pretty enough to give Her a try. LOL....I will post pic's is I get Her. I could not believe the condition the machine was in, great condition..Joy

Grannyh67 03-07-2012 11:05 AM

OK, I just posted a new thread, some Pic of Her and I have purchased Her, I named Her, "Precious" It is a Butterfly not a Butterfield, lol.Joy