Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Pfaff 130 - I have a sticking problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/pfaff-130-i-have-sticking-problem-t211059.html)

grant15clone 01-16-2013 03:02 PM

I have been using Singer oil on it. I will try to find some Tri-Flow. Thanks.
~G~

J Miller 01-16-2013 04:15 PM

Grant,

Tri-Flow oil is to Singer oil as Singer oil is to a generic all purpose oil. It is that much better.

Joe

cricket_iscute 01-16-2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5791257)
Grant,

Tri-Flow oil is to Singer oil as Singer oil is to a generic all purpose oil. It is that much better.

Joe

I am a certified sewing machine mechanic, and I agree with Joe about the Tri-Flow. I was meching a machine yesterday and used Tri-Flow on it.

miriam 01-16-2013 10:40 PM

Grant,
Be real careful you don't get any of that Tri-Flow on your skin, it gets in your blood, then you will want to fix/oil everything in sight - can openers, the treadle base, the knee controller on the sewing table, the button holer, the juicer, the thingy that holds the hatch back on the car up...:D:D:D
- not to worry it is safe.

grant15clone 01-17-2013 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5791953)
Grant,
Be real careful you don't get any of that Tri-Flow on your skin, it gets in your blood, then you will want to fix/oil everything in sight - can openers, the treadle base, the knee controller on the sewing table, the button holer, the juicer, the thingy that holds the hatch back on the car up...:D:D:D
- not to worry it is safe.

Joe and Cricket thank you. I looked yesterday at a store near my house but they did not have it. I am on a hunt for it now. I am going out tonight to a place that has a bike shop near by and will see if they have it there. Fingers crossed.
Miriam, I already have the sewing Machine thing in my blood. It sounds like what ever I have would feed on Tri-Flow like Popeye feeds on Spinach, and make it worse. :D:D:D I'll be careful not to drink it, inject it or put any in my next batch of Brownies. :D:D:D
~G~

J Miller 01-17-2013 06:55 AM

Grant,

If you can't find it locally, don't forget about Sew-Classic.

Joe

cricket_iscute 01-17-2013 09:28 PM

Got any locks that freeze in the winter? I haven't tried it myself, but I'm told Tri-Flow will stop that problem.

grant15clone 01-23-2013 06:12 AM

Good news, and thank you to everyone that helped me with my Sticking Problem. I am happy to say that it is fixed. I was at an Estate Sale this past weekend and guess what I found there? Yup, a new can of Tri-Flow oil in an aerosol can. I think I paid about 50 cents for it and it was new (SCORE!). But I digress. It just took a couple of squirts and spins on the handwheel and it is no longer hanging up and it is not sticking any more. I have seen Tri-Flow recommended so many times here on QB but I was skeptical. I am a true believer now. I will still use Singer oil for maintaining machines and I will use the Tri-Flow for the stubborn jobs like this one.
Miriam, Wintersewer, Joe, and Cricket, thank you all so much for your interest and help. I really do appreciate it. I really do. Just so you all know, this poor machine was almost relegated to being a parts machine. Now it will be fixed, in a new home and back to sewing again.
~Grant~

miriam 01-23-2013 09:47 AM

My Pfaff is moving better now, too thanks to Tri-Flow!

grant15clone 01-23-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5807789)
My Pfaff is moving better now, too thanks to Tri-Flow!

Miriam, We sound like a commercial for Tri-Flow. :D
~G~