Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Pfaff Synchrotronic 1229 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/pfaff-synchrotronic-1229-a-t195085.html)

AshleyR 07-19-2012 02:19 AM

Pfaff Synchrotronic 1229

I got this machine at an estate sale and it has just been the best! I saw one like it on Ebay go for a few hundred and I can't find much information about this machine. I think it's about 30 years old.

I'm curious, how much did it cost when it was new?

Candace 07-19-2012 07:19 AM

I have a 1222. I don't know what they were originally.

Mitch's mom 07-19-2012 06:00 PM

My best friend has a 1229, which is why she gave me her 1222E. She paid 400.00 for hers used, 2 years ago. The original sales receipt was with the machine and if I recall it was close to 2,000.00 but it did have a very fancy, schmancy corner sewing desk included in that price.

You should check out patternreview.com there are a couple reviews of the machine. One said they paid 1200.00 24 years ago.

AshleyR 07-20-2012 02:32 AM

Wow. Wow oh wow. I had no idea! Pfaff is so secretive about how much their new machines cost *now*, I had no idea they went for that much!

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom (Post 5378790)
My best friend has a 1229, which is why she gave me her 1222E. She paid 400.00 for hers used, 2 years ago. The original sales receipt was with the machine and if I recall it was close to 2,000.00 but it did have a very fancy, schmancy corner sewing desk included in that price.

You should check out patternreview.com there are a couple reviews of the machine. One said they paid 1200.00 24 years ago.

quiltbuddy 07-21-2012 03:35 AM

I bought a 1222E in almost new condition at a thrift store about a year ago for $10.00! Since then I have looked on line and found how expensive these machines were and reviews. They are very highly rated. This Pfafff 1222E seems very powerful and I love the walking foot. I have a Janome Horizon with built in walking foot but the Pfaff walking foot is so much better. The only negative thing is it has plastic cams that can crack.

AshleyR 07-21-2012 03:52 AM

Great score!!!

I haven't used any of my cams yet (I don't know how!!) but my presser foot lever (plastic) broke a month ago. I didn't have any trouble getting a replacement part.

And I love the walking foot-a-ma-jig too! You wouldn't think a little thing like that would make too much of a difference, but it sure does!

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy (Post 5381609)
I bought a 1222E in almost new condition at a thrift store about a year ago for $10.00! Since then I have looked on line and found how expensive these machines were and reviews. They are very highly rated. This Pfafff 1222E seems very powerful and I love the walking foot. I have a Janome Horizon with built in walking foot but the Pfaff walking foot is so much better. The only negative thing is it has plastic cams that can crack.

missbelle 07-21-2012 04:51 AM

Need info on Pfaff Parts

Originally Posted by AshleyR (Post 5381632)
Great score!!!

I haven't used any of my cams yet (I don't know how!!) but my presser foot lever (plastic) broke a month ago. I didn't have any trouble getting a replacement part.

And I love the walking foot-a-ma-jig too! You wouldn't think a little thing like that would make too much of a difference, but it sure does!

Where were you able to get parts for Pfaff machine I desperatly need to know.
email Sarah [email protected] missbelle on quilting board, Thanks

AshleyR 07-21-2012 05:05 AM

sew-classic.com

Originally Posted by missbelle (Post 5381736)
Where were you able to get parts for Pfaff machine I desperatly need to know.
email Sarah [email protected] missbelle on quilting board, Thanks

roserips 07-21-2012 09:09 AM

I bought a new 1222 Pfaff 33 years ago paying $1000.00 for it and litterally sewed it to death, I do a lot of sewing. I have been so bummed out not having my baby to sew on and WOW I found another one! which looks like it has hardly been sewn with. So I am in seventh heaven and ready to rock and roll again. I have kept my old machine and can use it for some of the parts and have the original manual as well as many of the attachments and lots of bobbins. Good luck with finding out about the 1229 but those 1222s' are really worth their weight in gold a true work horse keep them clean and oiled and they will work their little hearts out for you.

totosmom 07-21-2012 09:21 AM

I'll add my 2¢ to this thread since I'm reading it. This year I was able to score a 1222E at dealer (for another brand) for $200 and it is just the niftiest thing. I'm now doing my first quilt on it and it's a joy to use. I can sure understand why Rose is so delighted to have another 1222 after all those years. Really, they made them so well back then! They are so fun to use that I find myself looking for sewing projects!