Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Pink Morse Duomatic TZ 50, Picture Heavy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/pink-morse-duomatic-tz-50-picture-heavy-t195752.html)

Caroline S 07-25-2012 03:37 PM

Pink Morse Duomatic TZ 50, Picture Heavy

5 Attachment(s)
Well my OJCG (old junk collector guy) did it again. He found this Morse sewing machine and it is . . I did not know Morse machines came in pink. Doing a major happy dance here. She must have sat in a damp garage, in sunlight because her paint is faded on top and back. The hand wheel only turned about 1/2 a revolution and the wiring is shot, shot and more shot. So I pulled removed the top and liberally soaked every piece that looked like it would revolve. Turned her on her side and oiled the innards. I then removed the bobbin covers, removed the rusted bobbin case, loosened shuttle case thingy (you know what I mean) and oiled till she was dripping. Did the same with the knob mechanism that raises and lowers the feed dogs. It took about 1/2 hour but everything is now moving and turning.

I was wondering what the porthole was on the top, lifted it up and it takes cams of some sort. Also the spool pins are fold down, a little button is pushed and the pop up, or will when I am done. Now off to do an Internet search for a manual.

J Miller 07-25-2012 05:14 PM

Cool machine. Lots of nobs and dials. Looks like a candidate for Evapo-Rust too.

Since the paint is different on these machines perhaps a gentle application of a paste car wax might bring the rear and top back some.

Joe

Candace 07-25-2012 08:00 PM

I love pink Morse machines. Mine was posted here http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...20-t53840.html

it was made by Morse and badged a 'Princess'.

Jingle 07-26-2012 05:40 AM

At least the front is still a pretty pink. Good luck with it. I have seen so many different machines on this thread. I didn't know existed or are still being found.

JMCDA 07-26-2012 05:54 AM

ooooo, Caroline she is a pretty girl! My daughter just missed one like this a while back...I didn't think she really wanted to go fetch it for me so I didn't pass on the link immediately and then once I mentioned it, and she saw it, she said "you are going to have to fight me for that one Mummy" LOL - sadly it was already gone.

J

and I forgot to add that your machine is pretty much the same as one I have made by Toyota - she came with 14 cams and I do have a manual for it as well if you need me to scan it- the dash board on mine lights up...bet yours does too

Caroline S 07-26-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by JMCDA (Post 5395540)
ooooo, Caroline she is a pretty girl! My daughter just missed one like this a while back...I didn't think she really wanted to go fetch it for me so I didn't pass on the link immediately and then once I mentioned it, and she saw it, she said "you are going to have to fight me for that one Mummy" LOL - sadly it was already gone.

J

and I forgot to add that your machine is pretty much the same as one I have made by Toyota - she came with 14 cams and I do have a manual for it as well if you need me to scan it- the dash board on mine lights up...bet yours does too

I will have to re-wire before seeing if my machine has a dash board that lights up. I do appreciate the offer for the manual. I will PM you. Thank you ever so much. Today I will remove the shuttle race and hook and give it a good soak in Evaporust. Slowly but surely I will bring here back to life.

grayhare 07-26-2012 06:54 AM

I love Pink sewing machines!! I like all the knobs, and dials on your machine. Can't wait to see her all cleaned up, she is going to be gorgeous! All shiny, and pink!

Janis 07-26-2012 07:34 AM

She is a neat machine. I'll bet she will be a great one too! I hope you can bring her color back, but if you can't she is pretty anyway!

quilt addict 07-26-2012 10:07 AM

Caroline that is a sweet machine. I really like it and I bet it turns out great with your cleaning and attention. I agree that a car paste wax may remove some of the oxidation on the faded pink. Congrats!

kitsykeel 07-26-2012 01:14 PM

Hi Caroline,

I have a turquoise Morse TZ-5. Very similar to yours. I took the bobbin winder apart when cleaning the machine (I didn't take pictures before) and am having trouble reassembling it. By looking at yours, maybe I can get it back together.