Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Premier Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/premier-sewing-machine-t221416.html)

Cacklinghen 05-13-2013 03:11 PM

Premier Sewing Machine

Does anyone on the board own a Premier Sewing Machine--made by Premier Sewing Machine Co.Ltd?

MadCow333 05-14-2013 03:00 AM

Is it a Japanese machine? There is a Singer 15 clone thread on here, and also one for clone zigzag and straight stitch machines.

kjohnsonark 05-25-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cacklinghen (Post 6062222)
Does anyone on the board own a Premier Sewing Machine--made by Premier Sewing Machine Co.Ltd?

Yup, bought one at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. It's all cleaned up and running really well. Another member asked if the Premier is a Japanese machine. From my limited research so far if it has the Premier scroll it is post WWII, Japanese-made.
I don't know about all of the Premiers but mine at least is definitely a Singer 15-90 almost-clone. The threading pattern is different from the 15 and the motor is more powerful but it has the same profile and takes the same 15-91 attachments [so far!]. It makes a good stitch. It's a nice machine:)

grandmaemma 07-23-2016 11:16 AM

I just bought a Premier Deluxe atr a garage sale. I brought it home, threaded it and nice stitches. I played with it for only a few minutes. I'd never heard of Premier before this. I think I'm going to like it.

Sassan 07-12-2020 08:42 AM

Premier 15 sewing machine

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cacklinghen (Post 6062222)

I just picked up a Premier 15 sewing machine that come with its own cabinet and a built in chair. I was able to make it work and now it stitches very nicely. It doesn’t have the badge but it has its serial number. I like to know who and where it was made and how old is it and how much it would be worth.

leonf 07-12-2020 01:04 PM

Sassan, you probably won't find a date for your machine. Post WW ii may be as close as you get. The Japanese used whatever name sounded important to USA consumers. And they did not keep production records like Singer and others did.

Value is very hard to discuss. It all depends on one buy and one seller at a given time and place. Your machine is beautiful and the chair /cabinet it fun. Just enjoy them. or read your tea leaves for a value. Welcome aboard.

bkay 07-13-2020 04:47 AM

I sold a Pfaff in a cabinet similar to yours, a couple of years ago for $78.00. The Pfaff is considered collectable. The "15 clone" machine category, which your machine fits into, are usually great machines for sewing and yours appears to be in great condition. You can usually get parts if you need them, as there are lots of them out there.

There aren't a lot of collectors for them, however. If people do collect, it's usually the colored ones, not the black ones. Enjoy it and don't worry about the value. If you're trying to sell it, put a "reasonably" high price on it and know that you will probably have to come down on the price.

bkay