Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Question about getting a machine from Goodwill Auctions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/question-about-getting-machine-goodwill-auctions-t221830.html)

Prim Quilts 05-19-2013 12:33 PM

Question about getting a machine from Goodwill Auctions

How or when do you let them know that you don't want them to ship it, that you want to pick it up locally. I have never bid on a machine before, partly because I don't want them to ship it and it to get damaged. So I have been waiting for one locally that I am interested in. That finally happened. Thanks!

J Miller 05-19-2013 02:36 PM

Prim,

When you win there will be a prompt that tells you how to pay. You will have to have an account set up first though. Before you pay you have the choice of choosing pic up or delivery. Their system is pretty simple. Just follow the prompting.

Joe

J Miller 05-19-2013 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prim,

Here is a screen cap of the payment page for a GW auction we just won:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414493[/ATTACH]
You can see the circled part, it's where you click on to choose pick up rather than delivery. It will automatically remove the shipping charge from the payment amount.

Joe

Prim Quilts 05-19-2013 05:46 PM

Thanks, Joe!!!!

miriam 05-20-2013 02:55 AM

If you have something that is pick up only they have a page that comes up when you bid. You can not bid unless you select that you will pick up. Then if it is an item that can be shipped you have to do what Joe shows before you pay. WoW Joe - I wish I had seen that little tutorial a long time ago - I got stuck with delivery on something because I didn't know to do that. The next time they did that to me er I screwed it up.... I sent them an email and they fixed it so I could pick it up. Then they tried to explain all that to me. I did figure it out after a while. You DO have to do that page right the first time - there is no go back to it if you mess up. It pays to read the pages where they show your fees - look to see if you have a delivery fee added in. Then you know to look for that page Joe shows.

J Miller 05-20-2013 05:42 AM

Miriam,

I just tossed that together yesterday in response to Prim Quilts. We'd just won the cams and hadn't paid for them yet so I just did a screen cap and marked it up.

Joe

tenngal 05-20-2013 01:40 PM

Very easy to do. They'll prompt you in that direction. On the flip side, I've bought 7 machines and only one was damaged - by the Fed Ex man who dropped it.

shelrox 05-20-2013 06:31 PM

I have had a Sphinx shipped to me here in Va from Oregon and the only issue was that they didnt put packing material under the bottom of the case and the bottom broke apart. The machine was fine but I still made a complaint for there was no reason my wooden case should have recd any damage. They ended up refunding my money and allowing me to keep the machine too boot, so I was pleased. I would do it all over again if I find another that catches my eye and hope no more issues.