Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Question: You have a Singer 15-91 and all the wiring is junque .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/question-you-have-singer-15-91-all-wiring-junque-t202600.html)

Glenn 10-10-2012 06:35 AM

Mine is a portable but when I rewired it I made the power cord and the foot control longer so I can use it as a portable or cabinet. The potted motor is a fast one.
Skip

Caroline S 10-10-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5575440)
Skip,

That sounds great. I've got so many projects in queue it will have to wait. But this is the first actual Singer 15 I've had so I'm sorta anticipating sewing with it.

I found my stash of electrical wires yesterday. I've got everything I need to do the rewire except some long heat shrink and a grommet. I'll get those directly.

I also found out the machine was originally wired as a cabinet model. When they removed it from the cabinet they cut the controller wires right at block. That made it look like a portable model.

Now I'm wondering if I should wire it as a cabinet model, I do have some cabinets, or as a portable. I have the parts to make a new cord set so I can do it either way.

Just trying to decide.

Joe

Joe, I love my cabinet machines with the knee controller. Sure beats chasing the foot pedal around if you know what I mean.:)

MadCow333 10-10-2012 09:43 AM

I have a 15-91 motor that needs cleaned and rewired. It's beyond my scope and I don't have time to try to learn now. Do you do these for a fee, or can you direct me to someone who does? Nice work on the sewing machine cases. And this thread is very interesting. I suspected but never know for certain that the 15 series were all pretty much the same casting.

J Miller 10-10-2012 12:57 PM

Mad Cow333,

I haven't done a potted motor yet. This will be my first one. I don't rewire motors for pay. Perhaps in the future when I get more experience. But not now.

I once found a site on line that had remanufactured potted motors. But I lost the link when my other computer hard drive failed and haven't found it again yet. If I find it I'll post it.

Joe

J Miller 10-10-2012 12:58 PM

Sweet Caroline,

Yes I know what you mean. But this machine does not have a Singer foot controller and I don't know of an aftermarket knee action controller.

Joe

nstitches4u 10-10-2012 02:34 PM

Wow, Joe! I would never have thought that machine would ever run again. You are amazing!

Caroline S 10-11-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5576247)
Sweet Caroline,

Yes I know what you mean. But this machine does not have a Singer foot controller and I don't know of an aftermarket knee action controller.

Joe

Joe. As clever and innovative as you are, there should be no reason why you could not fabricate a knee controller. It would be sort of like a grown up widget.

J Miller 10-11-2012 06:44 AM

Well, I suppose it's possible to do. We shall see when I get to it.

Joe