Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

vintagemotif 01-12-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by tate_elliott (Post 4868592)
Vintagemotif, did you notice - I photoshopped my avatar, his rocket backpack is a Rocketeer.

Tate

OMG! No! Now that's way cool and cleverly done.

Bennett 01-12-2012 04:25 PM

Bennett, if you contact the QFK's chapter in your state for a quilt kit, when you finish the quilt and send it back to the chapter, the quilt goes to a hospital in your state.

Vintagemotif, did you notice - I photoshopped my avatar, his rocket backpack is a Rocketeer.

Tate

Thanks for the info. Also, the avatar is pretty darn cool!

BoJangles 01-13-2012 06:58 AM

Thank you both for the compliments on the quilt. I'm slowly making a stash of fabric for older boys - flames, sports, camouflage, etc.

Bennett, if you contact the QFK's chapter in your state for a quilt kit, when you finish the quilt and send it back to the chapter, the quilt goes to a hospital in your state.

Tate

Tate, I love the 'male' quilt and your avatar is really original too!

Nancy

irishrose 01-13-2012 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AnnieRose, my 301, popped out another Spicy Spiral. It is a rusty cranberry, not pink. I wish I knew where the problem is with that - is it in my camera or photo program? The recipient was tracing the the FMQ - asking if I really did that. Yes, but not alone - that little machine has a lot to do with it.

vintagemotif 01-13-2012 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4872345)
AnnieRose, my 301, popped out another Spicy Spiral. It is a rusty cranberry, not pink. I wish I knew where the problem is with that - is it in my camera or photo program? The recipient was tracing the the FMQ - asking if I really did that. Yes, but not alone - that little machine has a lot to do with it.

Irishrose, I love the colors that you picked for this lovely table runner.

Charlee 01-13-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4872345)

I've never been crazy about the spiral tablerunners, but I LOVE this one!! Does it need a home? :D

irishrose 01-13-2012 09:36 PM

No, it went south hours after it was finished. My second daughter's house has an open floor plan with a burgandy LR and taupe DR, so that dictated my colors. I am doing a very similar one for a Cystic Fibrosis silent auction early next month. It seems there are a lot of dark red DRs, so hopefully, it will sell.

littlesurfer 01-14-2012 04:03 AM

Your spiral table runner is beautiful! Really like your choice of fabric and colors.

Bennett 01-14-2012 08:56 AM

Beautiful! Isn't it nice when the recipient appreciates it? The colors are my favorite family--anything in the reds. :)

Charlee 01-14-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4872702)
No, it went south hours after it was finished. My second daughter's house has an open floor plan with a burgandy LR and taupe DR, so that dictated my colors. I am doing a very similar one for a Cystic Fibrosis silent auction early next month. It seems there are a lot of dark red DRs, so hopefully, it will sell.

Of course it will sell! :) And I'm betting it fetches a NICE price! :)