Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Red Eye Decals? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/red-eye-decals-t190458.html)

Brynn 05-31-2012 07:23 AM

Red Eye Decals?

Hi everyone!

I'm curious to see if it'd be possible to recreate Red Eye decals. Does anyone have a Red Eye with really good decals they'd be willing to take copious numbers of pictures of? They'd need to be as straight-on as possible, or from two angles so I could average the difference. I should be able to recreate them in Illustrator and then print them on waterslide paper.

Anyways, I think it might be a fun project. :) Please let me know if you're interested!

sak658 06-02-2012 08:29 PM

If you manage to do this I will be your first customer to buy some...will keep checking this post...

Caroline S 06-03-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by sak658 (Post 5261740)
If you manage to do this I will be your first customer to buy some...will keep checking this post...

Same here. I wish my Red Eye's decals were good enough for you to use.

J Miller 06-03-2012 07:42 AM

My #2 Redeye is good, but not really good enough for this purpose. You'd have to photo shop some of the gold back in.

But I'll have to joint Caroline and sak658 and say if you get it done I want a set too.

Joe

DanofNJ 06-03-2012 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a "new" one coming in soon. I'll try to help if it's as good as I think...looks to be good decals

Krisb 06-03-2012 09:19 AM

Add add me to the list. I want one, too.

Grannyh67 06-03-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 5255771)
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to see if it'd be possible to recreate Red Eye decals. Does anyone have a Red Eye with really good decals they'd be willing to take copious numbers of pictures of? They'd need to be as straight-on as possible, or from two angles so I could average the difference. I should be able to recreate them in Illustrator and then print them on waterslide paper.

Anyways, I think it might be a fun project. :) Please let me know if you're interested!

If you do I would be interested in them, I have two Red Eye's and would love to have their decals in super shape. Love these machines. Just let us know. I will try to keep up with these posts.

Grannyh67 06-03-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by DanofNJ (Post 5262504)
I have a "new" one coming in soon. I'll try to help if it's as good as I think...looks to be good decals

That is a beautiful machine, I wish mine looked that good on Decals.

Brynn 06-04-2012 04:38 AM

Dan, I'll shoot you a PM--those decals look like they're absolutely perfect for this! And I'm glad folks are interested; I plan to recreate them in Illustrator (to get those nice, clean, vector lines) and then experiment with waterslide paper until I'm happy with the results. I'll keep everyone posted!

Grannyh67 06-04-2012 06:43 PM

I for one will be watching!!!!!