Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Repainting a Featherweight Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/repainting-featherweight-sewing-machine-t193104.html)

Latrinka 06-30-2012 10:25 AM

I vote for purple!

chickadeee55 06-30-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl (Post 5325786)
I'm thinking about having one of my featherweights repainted. Has anyone done this and, if so, what are your favorite colors. I'm just wondering what a popular color would be, other than the black, white, or tan. If you have photos of one that's been repainted, I would love to see them. :o

Lynn, check my attached photobucket, there are some pics of the machines we have done. That may give you some ideas, I just love them painted and I also love them original. Haven't found my favorite color yet, still trying them all. LOL Best wishes with your choice.

twinkie 06-30-2012 11:35 AM

There were a few of our members (before the format changed) that had colored Featherweights as their avatar. One was Purple, one was Red and one was Blue. I haven't seen them in a while. Perhaps LostN51 would have a few pictures of one. My DH is going to paint one Purple for me. My favorite color.

Originally Posted by Surfergirl (Post 5325786)
I'm thinking about having one of my featherweights repainted. Has anyone done this and, if so, what are your favorite colors. I'm just wondering what a popular color would be, other than the black, white, or tan. If you have photos of one that's been repainted, I would love to see them. :o

Surfergirl 06-30-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55 (Post 5328636)
Lynn, check my attached photobucket, there are some pics of the machines we have done. That may give you some ideas, I just love them painted and I also love them original. Haven't found my favorite color yet, still trying them all. LOL Best wishes with your choice.

I love the Kandy Apple red. I also like the pink on your avatar. Thanks for sharing.

elliot 06-30-2012 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished this one a week or so ago, it is a midnight metallic blue to match my camaro

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345723[/ATTACH]

chickadeee55 06-30-2012 04:35 PM

Elliot, very nice, love the color - so rich looking.

Surfergirl 07-01-2012 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by elliot (Post 5329364)
I just finished this one a week or so ago, it is a midnight metallic blue to match my camaro

You did a wonderful job repainting your featherweight...love the color!

coopah 07-01-2012 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5325892)
How about HOT pink? That may be the only way I can get a pink machine. But I would suggest choose your favorite color.

Saw a hot pink metallic FW at a quilt show last year. Funky! LOL

Grannyh67 07-01-2012 06:44 AM

I would love to have a purple one, or hot pink, and @ Joe you crack me up, Cameo would be your choice, lol....sounds like you. You must be quiet a character. Love reading your quot's.

Grannyh67 07-01-2012 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by elliot (Post 5329364)

OH!!! MY!!!! that is beautiful. Love midnight blue. One of my favorite colors