Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Rojano treadle?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/rojano-treadle-t177462.html)

kountrykreation 01-29-2012 05:18 PM

Rojano treadle??

3 Attachment(s)
I posted earlier today about any info on a Rojano Treadle, but still haven't found any 'real' info, other than it belonged to the grandmother of the person I purchased it from, and the granddaugher bought it from Argentina. I did find a couple after typing spanish into search engines. It's was in darn good condition, so I went for it and brought her home wih me. Here it is, if anyone has ever seen one, please let me know and what do you think?

jaciqltznok 01-29-2012 05:37 PM

very nice....I don't have any info either! But I sure enjoyed seeing her!

kountrykreation 01-30-2012 07:08 AM

Found a stamped mark while cleaning it up, stating it was made in Germany. Seems there were several machines made in Germany during the period of 1890-1930 that were marketed using various names. The mystery continues. Kind of fun trying to research her origin.

annthreecats 01-30-2012 07:46 AM

Wow, she looks great. Lucky you.

miriam 01-30-2012 10:31 AM

I love it and I love the first photo - that back ground is so perfect!!! I wonder how the stitch selector works. Do the feed dogs drop for FM? A gentle Muv style cleaning and you should be good to really go!!!

bsktkeeper 01-30-2012 02:20 PM

You might want to check with "LOST 51" . or the Vintage sewing machines on this board.. I'm sure some one here has info on the beautiful machine.

Bennett 01-30-2012 02:52 PM

She looks very majestic in the sunshine with her lion decals. :) Very interesting!

jljack 02-01-2012 10:17 AM

Very cool looking machine! Never heard of it before. Very nice decals, and looks to be in good condition. Let us know if you find out anything else about it. It's very interesting to learn new stuff about international machines.

kountrykreation 02-03-2012 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well after many hours of perusing the world wide web, I've concluded that this might be a 'badged' L.O. Dietrich Vesta Model CEK (see pic, upper right hand machine... the CEK model has the tension on the face plate, whereas the model CEG has the tension on the front). In the Rojano pics above, it's not visible but, on the arm it has a CE decal (could that stand for the Vesta CE model??). Also many of the Vesta models seem to have the same (or very similar) striated design on the chrome pieces (faceplate, etc), a marbled type of effect. Plus I ran across a Vesta Sylvia that had a very very (if not the same, not sure due to size/angle of pic) similar lion decals on it. So for now, I'm thinking this could be a L.O. Dietrich 'badged' Vesta that was exported to Argentina, until the mystery unfolds further insight.

Caroline S 02-03-2012 01:15 PM

That would make sense to me. A german made machine being exported to Argentina. There was a big German immigration to Argentina before and after World War II.