Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Sewing machine aholics anonymous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/sewing-machine-aholics-anonymous-t205187.html)

FURBALLS 11-05-2012 11:34 AM

Sewing machine aholics anonymous

Is there a group out there that can help. :D I just bought another sewing machine.:roll eyes: I can not stop.
This is a viking 6430. I am up to 8 I think. I have got to quit. :o I have a necci that I bought new about 15 years ago that led to a new singer 2 years ago and has gone downhill ever since. Also have a Domestic rotary, a Kenmore rotary, a Brother, another old Singer, a Phaff and the viking. I think another is lurking under my cutting table.

pinkCastleDH 11-05-2012 12:24 PM

Only 8 in 15 years? Doesn't sound like a problem to me. We're up something like 35 since early August. That's a problem! Major work on the van is going to put a dent into our habit for a while - not to mention lack of space for setting up/displaying the ones we have. That's good, though, as it will give me time to start cleaning/repairing machines and to make display bases for them.

pocoellie 11-05-2012 12:49 PM

Eight isn't too bad, I'm up to 11, but we're not in the minority. LOL

Queen 11-05-2012 01:42 PM

My name is Mary and I am a sewing machine junkie. I like it and don't want to change. Does that kick me out of Sewing Machine aholics anonymous?

JabezRose 11-05-2012 01:56 PM

I love all my machines, think there is about nine now. Have cut back due to lack of space. I cannot display them on their perspective tables due to lack of space which saddens be beyond belief. But I will muddle on, resisted two today at St. Vincent. I love your avitar, Queen. Might like to attempt that quilt top some day.

quiltingweb 11-05-2012 06:04 PM

I'm always a bit embarassed when my 11 year old daughter proudly proclaims that her mother has 16 sewing machines. (It might be a few more than that now...and I really only got started this summer.) I just love finding out about their history and what makes them tick

Littlebearquiltingboard 11-06-2012 01:27 AM

I think I may have to join. My interest in vintage machines has only really got going in the last two weeks and in that time I have acquired two treadles, two handcranks and an electric which brings my total number of sewing machines to 9.

miriam 11-06-2012 04:02 AM

I don't wanna know - wah - can't walk through.....

nygal 11-06-2012 06:08 AM

I have my one Singer 99 "Grace" that I just stumbled upon while at Goodwill two months ago. I will buy more but only if I happen to come across them. I am not planning on hunting any down. But if a vintage machine crosses my path and I like it I would purchase it.

Caroline S 11-06-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5638202)
I don't wanna know - wah - can't walk through.....

Yeah, me too. Almost. It may get worse though when the house is filled, the garage is filled and the overflow has filled daughter's house. Uh oh, I think that "intervention time" is getting close!