Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer 301a - Does any one have this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-301a-does-any-one-have-machine-t112818.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 07:17 AM

Barbo, so glad you got it!!! I agree with the other poster- the prices are just going to keep going up.
You will LOVE it!! :D:D
PLEASE post pics when you get it.
And Agnes is the perfect name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Sue

Numa 04-02-2011 07:24 AM

That's one of the other things I love about the 301. So far the prices aren't out of sight, but they are moving up as people discover them.

MarshaEIEIO 04-02-2011 07:28 AM

Just saw this post, sorry I am late putting my two-cents in. I have 2 of the 301's and LOVE them to death! I don't free motion quilt on mine, no feet for that, never knew they had them, but I piece quilts like crazy on both of them! One is the cabinet model with cabinet and the other portable in what looks like an old time "suitcase"...I am so attached to BOTH, they will be with me till I die...you are going to love it!

I free motion quilt all my quilts on my old Kenmore, but never liked piecing on that one, so SINGER 301's forever is my motto! P.S. I have two friends that own them too and will never let them go!

SherriB 04-02-2011 07:31 AM

I have a 301A and love it. I just bought a 1/4 in foot from April's 1930 shop on Ebay. It was $19.95 and had free shipping. It only took a few days for me to get it. I can't wait to try it after hubby goes to work tonight.

barbo117 04-02-2011 07:41 AM

Guys thanks so much for all the positive information. I am just totally in love right now. I have been looking at Featherweights and 301's for over a year. I got a new Janome for Christmas and thought maybe that would quell my thirst so to speak for a vintage Singer, but NO! I just could not stop wanting one of these old gems. Every couple of days I look at them on ebay and last night saw this 301s that was beautiful. Of all the machines I have looked at this one spoke to me. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Talked it over with DH and he said go for it. Slept on it overnite and now it is mine. Life is good! Barbo

deedum 04-02-2011 08:10 AM

Wonderful! You will love it! Nothing like an old singer! I have 4 vintage singers and two janomes! Happy with all!

Scrap Happy 04-02-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by barbo117
Guys thanks so much for all the positive information. I am just totally in love right now. I have been looking at Featherweights and 301's for over a year. I got a new Janome for Christmas and thought maybe that would quell my thirst so to speak for a vintage Singer, but NO! I just could not stop wanting one of these old gems. Every couple of days I look at them on ebay and last night saw this 301s that was beautiful. Of all the machines I have looked at this one spoke to me. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Talked it over with DH and he said go for it. Slept on it overnite and now it is mine. Life is good! Barbo

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I’m happy for you. You won’t regret the wise decision you just made. Love that you named her after your Mom. I understand about the wait for her to arrive. I went to see & pick up my FW but didn’t have the cash with me and had to go back the next day. Oh the anticipation of it all!! Can’t wait to see a picture.

Not weird at all that ‘she spoke to you’ I always thank my girl for sewing so beautifully before tucking her in for the night. I also remind her that she’s not just a pretty face LOL! :-P

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 09:05 AM

Barbo, not at all weird!!
My Bernina has been neglected lately. I'm in love with my old Singers :D:D
Never thought I'd be saying this!

suzieQ 04-02-2011 09:11 AM

I HAVE A301 AND WOULD NEVER PART WITH IT ITS A 1951 LOVE IT LOVE IT

mommaB 04-02-2011 09:51 AM

My mother was also an "Agnes" and she made most of my clothes on a 301, a tan one! I don't have one, but the memories are there. Oh for the good old days! :-D