Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer 99K-13, Pristine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-99k-13-pristine-t196337.html)

J Miller 08-25-2012 06:56 AM

Agree with Miriam about Sew-Classic. Will add that if the spool pin is not loose, they can be straightened.

Joe

Caroline S 08-25-2012 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5466464)
Agree with Miriam about Sew-Classic. Will add that if the spool pin is not loose, they can be straightened.

Joe

I have straightened spool pins by placing an old thread spool on the pin and tapping it with a rubber mallet. But a nice new one is nicer.

csharp 09-01-2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5408922)
Some Triflow will take off the tape goo. Looks like a pretty one!!!

Sooo Ms Miriam....I just got a 99K today at a local flea mkt...Happy to have it and am cleaning it...but what kind of Triflow are you all using??? I neverheard of it except on here and when I googled it there are several products. Where do you get it and what product do you use on these machines?? Thanks for your response

miriam 09-02-2012 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by csharp (Post 5484383)
Sooo Ms Miriam....I just got a 99K today at a local flea mkt...Happy to have it and am cleaning it...but what kind of Triflow are you all using??? I neverheard of it except on here and when I googled it there are several products. Where do you get it and what product do you use on these machines?? Thanks for your response

Congrats on the 99 - nice little machines - great for teaching kidos and they are a work horse of a little machine... I buy what ever Triflow Sew-Classic has - the grease gets used on gears and the oil on all the moving parts. Shake it well. It has teflon in it. Sewing machine oil these days has paraffin - Glenn recommends clock oil - he is into old clocks as well as old sewing machines. Sew-classic has some info on the Triflow as well as a better price than your local bicycle shop. I would not use the T-F spray.

csharp 09-02-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5484803)
Congrats on the 99 - nice little machines - great for teaching kidos and they are a work horse of a little machine... I buy what ever Triflow Sew-Classic has - the grease gets used on gears and the oil on all the moving parts. Shake it well. It has teflon in it. Sewing machine oil these days has paraffin - Glenn recommends clock oil - he is into old clocks as well as old sewing machines. Sew-classic has some info on the Triflow as well as a better price than your local bicycle shop. I would not use the T-F spray.

Thanks you, another question on the 99's...do ALL low shank Singer attachments work with this...I have featherweight attachments that look like they would work, but comparing the presserfoot I can see a small difference...but one is a 1938...the 99 a 54..also have seen on ebay the snap on adjustment package with lots of low shank feet...does anyone know or have used this on the older singers???

miriam 09-02-2012 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by csharp (Post 5486112)
Thanks you, another question on the 99's...do ALL low shank Singer attachments work with this...I have featherweight attachments that look like they would work, but comparing the presserfoot I can see a small difference...but one is a 1938...the 99 a 54..also have seen on ebay the snap on adjustment package with lots of low shank feet...does anyone know or have used this on the older singers???

I have found all but the newer low shank attachments should work. Yup the older ones are made a bit different. Use what you are comfortable with.

nygal 09-08-2012 08:39 AM

Beautiful machine and yet with all the accessories!! Wonderful.