Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   So much for the post-holiday slump! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/so-much-post-holiday-slump-t210170.html)

makitmama 01-05-2013 12:48 PM

So much for the post-holiday slump!

In the past 4 days I have gotten 4 machines. MY DH is pointing out that just because the date has matched the acquisitions, that I should NOT keep up the pace. Pics are forthcoming for some of these. The list is:

New BelAir- red and white like Miriam's boss's machine
1912 Red eye 66- rusty, no bobbin assembly
1910 Red eye 66-rusty, no bobbin cover plate or take-up lever
1910 something- I know it is a 66 but there are no decals remaining at all.

The 1910 red eye came in a banged up treadle cabinet that I think has promise. I was going to use it as a hand-crank until I got the cabinet done, but it doesn't have a motor mount hole to attach the crank to. I guess that is treadle only, unless there is some other type of hand-crank I don't know about.:thumbup:

Caroline S 01-05-2013 02:38 PM

I know what you mean. My DD just called me from a not local to me thrift store and told me she might have found another 201 mounted in a Kenmore cabinet. Problem was she could not raise it out the cabinet to see if it was a 201 or 15-91. Question was it worth $20? My answer absolutely. Results, the New Years Resolution is shot to heck.:D

cabbagepatchkid 01-05-2013 03:09 PM

Hey! I want a red and white machine...lol.
This is the time of year to get a good bargain. Lots of people get in the mood to clear out clutter, after the new year.

pocoellie 01-05-2013 04:34 PM

So what's your husbands problem? LOL I only have 11 machines. LOL

Mom3 01-05-2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by makitmama (Post 5764531)
I was going to use it as a hand-crank until I got the cabinet done, but it doesn't have a motor mount hole to attach the crank to. I guess that is treadle only, unless there is some other type of hand-crank I don't know about.:thumbup:

Somewhere, sometime I did see a handcrank that mounted horizontally on the surface of a treadle cabinet. This was a Singer model. I am in need of one that style also - but of course, now that I need one I can't even find an example of it.

miriam 01-06-2013 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mom3 (Post 5765610)
Somewhere, sometime I did see a handcrank that mounted horizontally on the surface of a treadle cabinet. This was a Singer model. I am in need of one that style also - but of course, now that I need one I can't even find an example of it.

I want one, too...

kydeb 01-07-2013 06:50 AM

I bought my 12th machine on Friday. It's coming from New York so saying a few prayers that UPS doesn't toss it around too much. There are just so many different ones out there.....how can we say no?

makitmama 01-07-2013 08:35 AM

Kydeb, you are such a great role model! of course, so is Joe, and Miriam, and everyone else on the board!