Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Standard treadle owner still needs help...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/standard-treadle-owner-still-needs-help-t179023.html)

vintagemotif 02-16-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter (Post 4981311)
Here is a picture of my attachments box the spider came in. Any info about the box? This should be a clue as to what machine this spider fits. My spider post measures the same as Vintagemotif's tho it looks a bit different. Would be nice to have pictures from other Standard Sewing Machine owners of their bobbin race, spider (if they have one), bobbin case and bobbins along with what year their machines were made. I sure didn't know the other machines mentioned would do a chain stitch. Very interesting!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312578[/ATTACH]

I have a blue box like this that says attachments on the outside and inside are the Greist attachment similar to yours. The box came with one of my Two Spools.

I have the hemmer that you have for my Standard.

What is interesting in your box is the two items that are shaped like bullet shells. What are they? One is located in the bottom left side of box. Never seen an attachment like that. That isn't for the spider to fit into and then the bullet shape item sits in the tube of the race? (Wild guess)

HiDesertQuilter 02-17-2012 09:42 AM

I looked at the bullet shells and one has the end of a pencil in it. Not lucky enough for them to be an attachment part. I phoned my Mom and asked what they were and just by my description (without telling her about the pencil stub) Mom said they were on the ends of pencils years ago instead of an eraser. They are pretty cute. Look like fake lipsticks.

vintagemotif 02-17-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter (Post 4983411)
I looked at the bullet shells and one has the end of a pencil in it. Not lucky enough for them to be an attachment part. I phoned my Mom and asked what they were and just by my description (without telling her about the pencil stub) Mom said they were on the ends of pencils years ago instead of an eraser. They are pretty cute. Look like fake lipsticks.

Does look like lipstick tubes, like a cover.

miriam 02-17-2012 09:58 AM

I remember those bullet things things with pencils - i think there was something that went on the other end - can't remember what though

loverabbits 08-31-2012 05:08 AM

Hi, I am looking for the Standard sewing machine needle plate that is the shape of the 3/4 moon. Can anyone tell me where to purchase one or does anyone have a spare that I can buy from? The machine I have is missing the needle plate so I cannot use it without the needle plate. Thanks so much everyone, any information on this particular needle plate would be greatly appreciated.

quiltingweb 08-31-2012 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it possible there is an attachment like this for my New Home treadle that's lost its bobbin and case?[ATTACH=CONFIG]359207[/ATTACH]It's clean now, by the way...look at all that lint!

loverabbits 09-14-2012 11:41 AM

Spyder Tutorial link

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter (Post 4981311)
Here is a picture of my attachments box the spider came in. Any info about the box? This should be a clue as to what machine this spider fits. My spider post measures the same as Vintagemotif's tho it looks a bit different. Would be nice to have pictures from other Standard Sewing Machine owners of their bobbin race, spider (if they have one), bobbin case and bobbins along with what year their machines were made. I sure didn't know the other machines mentioned would do a chain stitch. Very interesting!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]312578[/ATTACH]

I had been looking for the vintage Standard sewing machine and had the privilege of meeting some wonderful friends who gave me this link to the Spyder Tutorial here:
http://xfossils.com/cintipam/spyder.htm

I hope this will also help those who may need it.:o

vintagemotif 09-14-2012 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by loverabbits (Post 5514219)
I had been looking for the vintage Standard sewing machine and had the privilege of meeting some wonderful friends who gave me this link to the Spyder Tutorial here:
http://xfossils.com/cintipam/spyder.htm

I hope this will also help those who may need it.:o

Thank You! This is an awesome link! She did an excellent job showing the difference between the Stout and the Slim, and how to thread the machine.

Also in her files are a couple of Manuals, one for the Two Spools.

Thanks for sharing this link!:)

Sammie! 02-27-2013 12:39 PM

Hi I might have your bobbin and bobbin case
Email me back
sammie

loverabbits 04-07-2013 09:26 AM

Hi beautiful people, I have a 1887 Standard (slim). My bobbin case is older, it does not have a little handle like the one posted by vintagemotif, but it is plain and flat with two cut out holes at the side for grasping (I think). I have a spider too as well as the chain stitch needle plate. I just don't understand why the stitches shred on the underside when I try to do the chain stitch with the spider...:( Any suggestions?