Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Table for vintage machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/table-vintage-machines-t199715.html)

Candace 09-06-2012 09:09 AM

Table for vintage machines

4 Attachment(s)
I was gifted this table from a lady that had basically been shafted out of her vintage Viking by a her local repair place:< I feel sorry she lost her machine, but am thrilled to have this table. It's very portable and easy for me to handle and am looking forward to taking it to sew days. It was so nice of her to give it to me. Although she owned it for her vintage Viking, it will work on quite a few of my other machines! Many of these tables were made for Elna as well. So, I have two Vintage Vikings, 2 Elnas and my Bernina that will fit in it. I was hoping my vintage Pfaffs would fit in it too, but they don't. The table is in great condition.

totosmom 09-06-2012 09:25 AM

Oh, I love those tables! I've always wondered what machines they fit. Does yours have a label with a brand name or anything? And I've never seen one with a drawer too. Very cool ... it plays well with all your vintage machines. You are one lucky duck!

J Miller 09-06-2012 09:28 AM

Candace,

Sorry to hear about the lady that got shafted out of her machine. People that do those kinds of things will get theirs when the karma comes around.

Now, my wife says she wants one of those tables. So now we're gonna have to be searching for something else. Oh boy.

She also made this request. Please post some pics of the table with out a machine in it, and folded up.

Thanks,

Joe

Candace 09-06-2012 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5495079)
Oh, I love those tables! I've always wondered what machines they fit. Does yours have a label with a brand name or anything? And I've never seen one with a drawer too. Very cool ... it plays well with all your vintage machines. You are one lucky duck!

Yes, I've seen quite a few of these without the drawer. I've only seen a very few of this type with a drawer for sale. There's a number underneath it. I'll have to report back with a few pics.

Although I have a slide on table for the Vikings and Bernina, I'm most excited to use it on the Elnas. The one negative for me with the two Elnas was the lack of bed space and the case that slides on the Supermatic is not great. It's not smooth, but a bumpy surface which isn't good for feeding fabric over. I think I'll use these machines much more with the flat surface and the machines dropped to a good, ergonomic position.

Candace 09-06-2012 12:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some more photos.

miriam 09-06-2012 03:19 PM

So that's how they go...

irishrose 09-06-2012 05:58 PM

I have the one without the drawer to fit my Elna exactly. Doesn't do a bad job of holding the 15 clone with the top folded back. Makes it nice height. You're stronger than I am if you consider it portable. Your blue machine is missing about as much paint as my Miss Elna. It just means they both worked long and hard on all kinds of things.

You have received a nice gift. Mine is from 1973 and is in perfect condition - I bought it because the Elna cabinet was too expensive at the time and I'd get it later. Uh, I think later won't be coming.

Candace 09-06-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5496201)
You're stronger than I am if you consider it portable. .

I work out at the gym and lifting these vintage machines makes lifting this table a breeze:>

purplefiend 09-09-2012 12:16 PM

I used to have a table just like that for my Bernina 1031, wonderful thing.

DonnaMiller 09-09-2012 02:21 PM

Joe, we sold one at our quilt guild for $30, complete with chair. Try running an add in the local paper and hard telling what will come out of the woodwork. Congrats on you new 66.