Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   time for introductions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/time-introductions-t202727.html)

pinkcastle 10-09-2012 03:45 PM

Welcome Cil from Wisconsin. I just love your collection. Can't wait to see the others you mentioned.

MimiBug23, paint your 66 anywhichway you want. You can tell anyone who asks that it is a 66 in disguise!

DanofNJ 10-09-2012 07:27 PM

Love the machines... but: do you need a special license or certification to sew on them because they look like the cockpit of a 747...lol.

QuilterGary 10-09-2012 11:45 PM

Welcome I know of what you speak. The 12 step thing did not work for me either.

meow meow 10-10-2012 05:38 PM

Welcome cil. I too am a fanatic 12 fall off the step person. I love my two fw, my 99's. My universal, my new/old janome new home, my other new home and my other janomes' and if i have my way i will soon inherit another singer in a cabinet with a bench included. Oh my my i hope i didn't cause you to fall off the step again. Aren't sewing machines wonderful? Welcome to the board.

JBeamer 10-10-2012 06:58 PM

They surely are beautiful.

k9dancer 10-11-2012 09:41 AM

Welcome, MIM. As for myself, I am an enabler as well as a fellow addict.

mjhaess 10-11-2012 11:07 AM

My name is Marty. I live in Charleston SC. I also love sewing machines. I have six and am going this weekend to get an old one from a friend in Kentuckey. I am now retired after 37 years of nursing....I am trying to make up for all the time I lost sewing when I worked.....I love all your machines..Thanks for sharing..

MimiBug123 10-11-2012 09:37 PM

DH says that after I retired, I turned into Fred Sanford. What he sees as Sanfordish, I see as beauty! Cil, I have that same Morse machine. My son says it looks like the result of an affair between a Juke box and a 57 Chevy. In fact, her name is Chevrolet! A friend's DH was complaining about her dolls, and mine chimed in with "at least they don't take up as much room as sewing machines!!!! That's ok, though. I know I'm addicted and I don't want to be cured. I've got a Morse, 2 vintage Kenmores, 2 vintage Singers, a Singer 27, a 66, a 15, and 2 new Janomes and I'm on the lookout daily for more! You can't ever have too many sewing machines!

makitmama 10-12-2012 03:40 AM

I will have to tell my DH about being Sanfordish- I love that term! I have one shelf that has 9 machines on it, and he is anxiously asking what happens when it is "full".
he has asked me a couple of times what the focus of my collection is- all versions of one model, progression of the same brand, etc.
He doesn't seem to understand my answer- which is 'whichever ones I fall in love with'.

Caroline S 10-12-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5579356)
DH says that after I retired, I turned into Fred Sanford. What he sees as Sanfordish, I see as beauty! Cil, I have that same Morse machine. My son says it looks like the result of an affair between a Juke box and a 57 Chevy. In fact, her name is Chevrolet! A friend's DH was complaining about her dolls, and mine chimed in with "at least they don't take up as much room as sewing machines!!!! That's ok, though. I know I'm addicted and I don't want to be cured. I've got a Morse, 2 vintage Kenmores, 2 vintage Singers, a Singer 27, a 66, a 15, and 2 new Janomes and I'm on the lookout daily for more! You can't ever have too many sewing machines!

Way to Go, MIMI.