Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-japanese-badged-zig-zag-straight-sew-sewing-machines-t207877.html)

miriam 06-25-2013 03:55 PM

Very likely made in Japan - I have seen others with that name but they didn't look the same. They must have had some really fun times painting those Japanese machines. Don't you just love the paint???

Overlander 06-26-2013 04:19 PM

It definitely is a Japanese clone. Under the motor mount in tiny little letters it says "made in Japan" :)

Jothesewer 07-13-2013 10:57 AM

I just bought a Dressmaker sewing machine at a garage sale today that is like the one on page 10 of this thread, owned by grant 15 clone. It doesn't look like it has been used for $15.00. The book looks like new and the there is a complete box of cams and tools. I cannot find any information about the mfg or possible year. The motor has YM40 serial # 1692 then a silver plate beside that number that I can't read. Can anyone help.
jothesewer

grant15clone 07-13-2013 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jothesewer (Post 6175428)
I just bought a Dressmaker sewing machine at a garage sale today that is like the one on page 10 of this thread, owned by grant 15 clone. It doesn't look like it has been used for $15.00. The book looks like new and the there is a complete box of cams and tools. I cannot find any information about the mfg or possible year. The motor has YM40 serial # 1692 then a silver plate beside that number that I can't read. Can anyone help.
jothesewer

I couldn't find any information on that one either.
~G~

miriam 07-13-2013 12:30 PM

I have a manual for that Dressmaker. I do not know how to make an electronic copy. Photo copy is doable - quite a few pages.

grummy2393 08-13-2013 03:58 AM

I just bought a Dressmaker Centennial Series at an estate sale. All she needed was a little oil, now she sews like a charm. She is in mint condition.

abdconsultant 08-13-2013 04:14 AM

Great pictures, thanks for showing your collection.

Cecilia S. 08-13-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by NL quilter (Post 6032424)
Is there something besides borax I can use? I am in Canada and cannot find it in the stores.

NL Quilter, borax can be found in Superstore/Loblaws, etc. The brand is Mule Team, it is in a green box, and is usually in the cleaning section. Good luck! Maybe you will not see this though, as your message was posted a few months ago...?

miriam 08-13-2013 04:27 AM

It is always good to test and see if a product will clean way too much before you go wild. Oxi clean will work, too on some machines.

Cecilia S. 08-13-2013 04:31 AM

Love most of all the pink FabriMate shown on page 1 of this thread.

This board is my daily coffee sipping internet stroll. Such a lovely decompress/escape from Real World :-)

I only began sewing --er, collecting machines-- a few months ago. When I first started, I had gotten an old Bernina 530, and someone on the internet said "Cool - Show me a photo!" I thought (at the time!) that was weird. I mean, they all look the same, right, if you know which model number it is? I didn't grasp why she would want to see a photo.

Then my disease (MachinusMustusRescuitus) came into full bloom and I fully, FULLY understand the thrill in seeing photos of machines.

Kinda crazy.
Kinda soothing.
Kinda giggle-making, especially Miriam's and GirlieGirlieSquirrelyShirley's amazing habits/collections.

Coffee almost gone. Wasted my time typing - could have been ogling...

-Cecilia