Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Machine Repair Shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-machine-repair-shops-t102108.html)

quilter711 02-22-2011 01:35 PM

I have two Singer 301 sewing machines and would like to find someone that would be local to work on my machines. I wanted Lostn51 to do road trips for us! :lol: I wanted to invite everyone from the board for a meet and greet with him. A party!
I live in Massachusetts close to the New Hampshire line. Any information on reliable repair services would be appreciated. Thanks for your help :-D

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by quilter711
I have two Singer 301 sewing machines and would like to find someone that would be local to work on my machines. I wanted Lostn51 to do road trips for us! :lol: I wanted to invite everyone from the board for a meet and greet with him. A party!
I live in Massachusetts close to the New Hampshire line. Any information on reliable repair services would be appreciated. Thanks for your help :-D

can't help you but I think we should just converge on Lostn51 and help him build the NEW studio/shop while he works on our babies!

sueisallaboutquilts 02-22-2011 02:23 PM

YES! I think Billy should go on tour!!!!!!!!!hahahahah LOL :D:D

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
YES! I think Billy should go on tour!!!!!!!!!hahahahah LOL :D:D

I think he would need a bus, but he could do it!

quilter711 02-22-2011 03:28 PM

We could have him stay in each state at a QB member's house. I already offered for MA - naturally we would pay for his services to make the trip worth his while and just think of the fun he would have meeting all of us!
What you think Billy?
Quilter 711
Nancy

Lostn51 02-22-2011 04:20 PM

Oh you guys are killing me!! You know that would be fun and would make for one heck of a road trip. Sounds like I need to go ahead and buy my sedan delivery and get it ready to do the tour with. I would have to go by myself because I dont know how my wife would act with all of you women wanting to take me home with you. :mrgreen:

So if you see a 1939 Chevy Singer service vehicle pull in your town you know its me!!

Billy

quilter711 02-22-2011 04:28 PM

Here he comes! Roads are plowed and walk is shoveled!Party time.

Quilter711
Nancy

donnaluigi 02-22-2011 08:45 PM

Hi I live in Quincy and there is a place that does sewing machine repair. They were originally in Southie and also did commercial repair.

MaryStoaks 02-22-2011 09:50 PM

Hey Billy, bring your wife with you. I'm sure we'd all enjoy her company and she'd get to meet us too.

cabbagepatchkid 02-23-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by donnaluigi
Hi I live in Quincy and there is a place that does sewing machine repair. They were originally in Southie and also did commercial repair.

Hi Donna and welcome from another Massachusetts-ian ( :?: is that what we are called :mrgreen: ) I'm from the Worcester area.

There is a guy in Westboro that sells/repairs vacuums and sewing machines. I buy my vacuum bags from him so I think I will ask him if he does vintage machines. Do you think it might be insulting to ask, as if I think he doesn't know his business, but I really would like to find someone who is familar with the older machines.

I would NEVER bring my vintage gals to the place where I bought my Phaff. I brought my Phaff and my 1975 Singer to them to tune them up and 5 weeks later I finally went to pick them up and they hadn't even been worked on yet :shock: I got sick of waiting!