Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   vintage machines at sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-machines-sale-t184648.html)

amyjo 04-01-2012 06:18 AM

vintage machines at sale

I went to a FFA Alumni sale yesterday and oh my I wish I would have had the way to get these babies home, but I had to leave them. one was a singer 99k in cabinet and needed a slide plate that sold for $3.00. Yes a measly $3 and she had decals that looked like brand new. the cabinet was a little worse for the wear. The other was a White in a cabinet and it had a knee control. I believe that went for about the same. I had to walk away from the area or else I would have bought them both and I did not have room in the car or in my house for them. DH would have thought I was nuts, but hey he has all kind of stuff in the shop and I don't say a word about it. I did manage to win (bid & get) 2 boxes of skinless chick breasts that I am going to be using as soon as I pick them up at Food Services.

fluffygirl 04-01-2012 06:58 AM

Oh my gosh, I would have made room. I just got another 99 (my third!) in a cabinet and thought I got a good deal at $35 (it is a centennial). The cabinets are not easy to come by. At least the 99's are smaller.:D

Pat

jlm5419 04-01-2012 08:52 AM

For $3, I would not have been able to resist. I'd buy them, and then figure out how to get them home.

pinkberrykay 04-02-2012 04:41 AM

I would have tied them to the roof like the Ikea sale commercial:D

Caroline S 04-02-2012 05:59 AM

You sure do have will power. I do have some hints for you. Always keep a screwdriver in your car to remove sewing machine heads from cabinets before transporting. Trade car for a truck! Tell DH that the sewing machines are not keepers, you will sell them on CL and make a few $$.

KatFish 04-02-2012 12:36 PM

You have more will power than I do. I would have straped that 99 to the roof of the car! Lucky me DH is such an enabler, he would have helped me tie it there.

nstitches4u 04-02-2012 01:44 PM

Great prices. I wish I lived closer. I would have been loading them into our van!

jljack 04-02-2012 02:12 PM

You have much stronger will power than I!! Those 2 babies would be in my living room right now, blocking some door or hallway!! LOL

amyjo 04-03-2012 04:25 PM

Yeah if my house wasn't already full I would have taken them. I have hopes of getting DH's cousin's PFAFF. She is getting old and not able to sew anymore. I am still trying to get DH to get his rear in gear and get my additon on, altho why when we have a 26X40 ft house that would be all ready wired and plumbed and has phone line in it and would be able to set up my quilt frame. My aunt has saved me her quilting frame her DH made her before she got her Gammill. If I would have been by myself I would have had them both. But with DH along could not put a machine in the front seat. cabinets would have fit in the trunk. Someone had a treadle for giveaway in the Minot paper one day but I saw it too late.