Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Miz Johnny 04-29-2011 05:00 PM

It is so hard to watch someone you love go through this. This addiction will undoubtedly help you through it--give you something else to think about. Good thoughts to you and yours.

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just wanted to say that all of you guys are very special people. I love and appreciate each and everyone of you. I have received pm's saying that you are praying for my sister-in-law. She is slowly getting worse but is in no pain yet. I have people respond to parts that I have needed. I thank each and every one of you. I need to go into rehab and can not find one that deals with my addiction. I almost bought another machine today. Surely there is help for me. I hope not! I am sure none of you have any idea of what I am talking about. Have a nice weekend everyone. Kathie :D

buslady 04-29-2011 05:06 PM

I bought a 301 on ebay a while back. It came with a box of cams, I just got it out to look it over good and couldnt find where to put the cams. when I got the manual out to look up the info I realized it was for a 500 series. I finally realized the error of my thinking. Now need to get the right manual downloaded. cant wait to try this machine out!

junebug987 04-29-2011 05:53 PM

You will love your 301, I have one and she sews like a dream. Enjoy. I also have a 500 and between the 2 I can do anything.

Nanamoms 04-29-2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Does anyone have or know of a site where I can reprint the owner's manual for the 15-91? I am watching a couple of originals on eBay but was anxious to get started. Mine was made in November, 1951.

Also, the left button on the foot pedal has come off. It looks like it should just pop right back on but I can't get it to do it! Any suggestions?

This is my "free baby" from a nice lady I met on Craig's List. I probably need to take her in for a good physical but not sure I can lift her. My DDIL says "she's heavy"!! LOL

Here is your free manual, just look for 15-91. Can't help you with the foot pedal, but someone else here can.

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

Thanks, vintagemotif!! I knew I had read somewhere that it could be downloaded for free. YEAH!!

Now to get that foot pedal fixed (or replaced).

chris_quilts 04-29-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
I bought a 301 on ebay a while back. It came with a box of cams, I just got it out to look it over good and couldnt find where to put the cams. when I got the manual out to look up the info I realized it was for a 500 series. I finally realized the error of my thinking. Now need to get the right manual downloaded. cant wait to try this machine out!

Free manual is availalbe at the ISMACS site. From the Singer site it is $15. From ISMACS, it is a PDF but very legible and easy to read and follow. Love my 301. She's my travel machine and very simple to carry and use.

irishrose 04-29-2011 06:31 PM

sewclassic.com has a replica of a 301 manual available free. AnnieRose, my 301, just finished another quilt. She sews so straight none of the blocks needed squaring and the sides measured the same.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119694-1.htm#3140223

Kitzone 04-29-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just wanted to say that all of you guys are very special people. I love and appreciate each and everyone of you. I have received pm's saying that you are praying for my sister-in-law. She is slowly getting worse but is in no pain yet. I have people respond to parts that I have needed. I thank each and every one of you. I need to go into rehab and can not find one that deals with my addiction. I almost bought another machine today. Surely there is help for me. I hope not! I am sure none of you have any idea of what I am talking about. Have a nice weekend everyone. Kathie :D

Kathie, at least you showed restraint, I came home with another fiddle base. :oops: My DH just shakes his head. I couldn't resist - now I'll need to figure out how to get her up and running. She's a Domestic No. 4 treadle.

Would anyone have a source for dating Domestic's? I think she's probably from the late 1800's but haven't found any dating records.

Take care Kathie and hopefully you'll have time to enjoy some sunshine this weekend.

Judy

melinda1962 04-29-2011 07:11 PM

I have been out of pocket lately. My husband and I have a turtle farm and it is turtle egg season. Glad to hear all is well from the weather. Just catching up on all the pretty machines that have shown up. I enjoy looking at all the machines for sure. I tripped on a Pfaff 230 for $10 in a really ugly carrying case. The next day, my uncle-in-law bought by a cabinet, purely by chance, that it fit in nicely. I cleaned and oiled it up and it appears to be the strongest and fastest machine I have, which is pretty amazing for 30+ machines. Does anybody know where I can download a free manual for it? It is the automatic one, with the zz, and other embroidery stitches.

BoJangles 04-29-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
sewclassic.com has a replica of a 301 manual available free. AnnieRose, my 301, just finished another quilt. She sews so straight none of the blocks needed squaring and the sides measured the same.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119694-1.htm#3140223

I love the quilt! So bright and pretty!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-29-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Kathie, at least you showed restraint, I came home with another fiddle base. :oops: My DH just shakes his head. I couldn't resist - now I'll need to figure out how to get her up and running. She's a Domestic No. 4 treadle.

Would anyone have a source for dating Domestic's? I think she's probably from the late 1800's but haven't found any dating records.

Judy

Judy there is a Domestic VS and a Domestic Rotary that White manufactured for Sears to sell. I'd start by checking the White dating site, although, if the machine is a fiddle base from the late 1800's maybe it is pre Sears?

Nancy