Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jtapp9 06-07-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.

Sounds like a 128 with La Vincedora decal.

Billy posted a pic of one on page 29. Its' what he used in his tutorials.

vintagemotif 06-07-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This is the machine I would go after if I lived in the Baltimore area, Necchi Supernova in treadle.
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/app/2420343335.html

Sweet looking machine and nice cabinet. That machine might be the one that would break my dependence on e-machines. Thanks for showing us. ~ Chris

I learned to sew on a Necchi Supernova that looked just like this. It was a very nice machine! Someone, anyone in the Baltimore area should go after this machine....

Minnesota newbie 06-07-2011 12:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Minnesota newbie
Anyone know much about 31-15 singer I picked it up today.runs great,have to get manual for this one also.This is an addiction getting these old machines.Ha AG489603 came with taable that holds motor,machine,thread holder,wide foot pedal and on/off switch

I think Billy got a 31 for doing FM work. The 31's are industrial machines, larger than a domestic model. Can you post a picture for us to see? I'd love to see the machine.

Nancy

31-15 singer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208177[/ATTACH]

Minnesota newbie 06-07-2011 12:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i also got a eldridge rotary and singer 99 not sure on singer,new home treadle

Minnesota newbie 06-07-2011 12:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
eldridge rotary

Minnesota newbie 06-07-2011 12:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
singer

Minnesota newbie 06-07-2011 12:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
attatchmentsthanks for looking :-)

vintagemotif 06-07-2011 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Minnesota newbie
i also got a eldridge rotary and singer 99 not sure on singer,new home treadle

Minnesota newbie,

You have a very nice collection of machines! Have fun treadling with them all.

jljack 06-07-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Okay, back from a week of vacation and see the shop has continued to be busy. Now to try and catch up on 40 pages of reading. Oh, by the way, Maui was great! Bought hawaian fabric, but alas no sewing machines.

Did see awesome Saturday night classic car cruise. There was a beautiful 57 corvette, several late 30's Ford pickups, and my favorite, T-bird.

What year T-Bird did you see? We have a '62, light blue with marine blue interior...all original...never been painted or reupholstered. We are keeping it that way as long as possible, but will have to re-do the upholstery some time in the not too distant future...it's pretty brittle and it's starting to split.

Hope you had a great time!!

BoJangles 06-07-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
OK--I am now about 100 pages behind. You folks are CHATTY!!
Wonder how long it will take me to catch up?

I am trying to stay away from new machines, but did get a couple of "little" ones--a Kruse and Murphy HC and an extra K & M head--just in case. <GR>

More later--I'm off to pick up a lavender Necchi for someone else!!

Wow Miz Johnny, it is so nice to see you back!

Nancy