Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quiltdoctor 07-30-2011 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It followed me home--Honest!! I stopped by Goodwill and they had nothing, as usual. The guy parked next to me was unloading his van full of stuff to donate to Goodwill. The first thing he pulled out was a two tone green cabinet. I asked if it was a sewing machine and he said yes, would I like it???? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. I took one look and said Yes ! He was thrilled, said his wife has had it two years and never did anything with it, so he was getting rid of it. I didn't even know the number until I got home to look it up. It is a 319W !!! Serial number W1669240. All the parts seem to be there, but only one cam. There are 3 bobbins and 3 needles. He was happy to be rid of it, and I was tickled "green". Are they collectable??? Much newer than what I am used to.

When did they make these machines???

Texas Jan

Candace 07-30-2011 12:14 PM

Go back a few pages and I just asked about this exact machine. Great find!!

miriam 07-30-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
It followed me home--Honest!! I stopped by Goodwill and they had nothing, as usual. The guy parked next to me was unloading his van full of stuff to donate to Goodwill. The first thing he pulled out was a two tone green cabinet. I asked if it was a sewing machine and he said yes, would I like it???? Well, I'd certainly like to see it. I took one look and said Yes ! He was thrilled, said his wife has had it two years and never did anything with it, so he was getting rid of it. I didn't even know the number until I got home to look it up. It is a 319W !!! Serial number W1669240. All the parts seem to be there, but only one cam. There are 3 bobbins and 3 needles. He was happy to be rid of it, and I was tickled "green". Are they collectable??? Much newer than what I am used to.

Texas Jan

I have cams

quiltdoctor 07-30-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Texas Jan

I have cams

Do you have the machine, too???
Texas Jan

quiltdoctor 07-30-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Did you buy it??? What was it selling for??
Texas Jan

miriam 07-30-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Texas Jan

I have cams

Do you have the machine, too???
Texas Jan

I do not have the machine - I do have 4 or 5 cams in a box marked 306

Candace 07-30-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Did you buy it??? What was it selling for??
Texas Jan

No, it was for sale near me, but I like the one you got better (green on green). They were selling the black one in a nice cabinet for $80 and I have to say the ad was up a while. I think this machine is going to put off a lot of people, because it uses specialty (expensive) needles. I don't know what attachments or cams were with it.

melinda1962 07-30-2011 12:37 PM

http://www.servirem.com.ar/nueva.html tells when 319 and all machines are made.The 319 is 1955-57.

melinda1962 07-30-2011 12:38 PM

Well singer anyway.

melinda1962 07-30-2011 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wayyyy back I posted mine but here it is again. $1 at a yardsale. My singer man said it is a great machine, and one of the first one that automatically zigzagged, I think. Anyway, it is a cutie and I made a baby quilt like my avitar with it.