Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Derla 11-04-2011 07:16 AM

How does one upload pictures to the Vintage Forum - I can find nothing to click on to upload.

Charlee 11-04-2011 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=Derla;4629914]

Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter (Post 4628879)

Thankyou - without the PM from you I would never have seen this message. I will try to find the Yahoo group you mentioned as I do have a lot of questions. I have no idea if I'm using this new forum the right way -- hope I don't really goof up the whole system.

You can't goof it up, and we're happy you joined us! :)

Charlee 11-04-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Derla (Post 4630100)
How does one upload pictures to the Vintage Forum - I can find nothing to click on to upload.

Derla, when you click to reply and add a post to this thread, click on "Go Advanced" and scroll down a bit. You'll see a button for "Manage Attachments" Click that and you should be able to upload photos. :)

BZ quilting 11-04-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 4625618)
Really pretty cabinet and Sphinx decals--it does have the shuttle and bobbin (looking at the photo of the "extras"). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8860361

That would be mine if I was a little closer.

jljack 11-04-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Janis (Post 4628396)
Yes, I have that gray background on this computer I'm on now. I saw earler that someone has the posting so long they have go go back and forth across the page to read it. I'm not at home, and I don't like the gray as it's tireing to my eyes. But that said, I'd rather have it on my copmputer at home than to have to go back and forth across the page.
Also, did you notice that each posting is numbered? Just go back on the pictures, etc that you want to tell others about and tell them the number of the posting. That way the number of postings each has on a page doesn't matter as much.

Great obsservation!! I feel like we've lost a lot of people on this thread...besides Mz Johnny I cant put my finger on names, but we feel "thin"???

jljack 11-04-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51 (Post 4628494)
I am just tickled that we can find our Vintage sewing machine threads a lot easier now!!

Billy

Yes, I like that too. Much easier than the "virtual section" before.

jljack 11-04-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 1000projects (Post 4629372)
There is a Singer 237 at my local thrift shop ... for $27... I can't buy it because of "crowding" in my house. :-(

Hahaha!!! A typical problem for this crowd!! :)

Glenn 11-04-2011 07:52 AM

I did not notice that the post were numbered. This great to know and use to find threads now if I can get comfortable with the site it should be easier for me.

Caroline S 11-04-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4625431)
I finally gave the kids an ultimatum, get your stuff out of the storage unit because as of Nov 30 I am vacating it. I knew that I had three old sewing machines from my mother's belongings in there. But I could not get to them because of everyone else's stuff. Here is the first one to come out of hiding. It is a Kenmore De Luxe Rotary Sewing Machine born in 1935. I belive that the cabinet is her original one also. She is very dirty and dusty which means another dirty girl cleaning. I can't tell yet but she appears to be a very dark green (no not mold), instead of black. I have the manual, box of attachments and three bobbins.

I tried to post photos but I think that I have to figure out how to reduce the size of my photos in order to post them. When I figure that out I will be posting them.

AAAARRRGGG! Still can't post pictures. I will stay with this, good thing I am persistant!!! I hate frustrations.

jljack 11-04-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4630278)
AAAARRRGGG! Still can't post pictures. I will stay with this, good thing I am persistant!!! I hate frustrations.

Read Charlee's explanation a few posts up on how to post pics. It's not that hard....just a different way than we used to have.