Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 11-19-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4699088)
Diane, Check with Guy Baker http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/ He is an OSMG, and a good and trustworthy one!!

I might - send a pic/drawing of the part that plugs into the machine - I have a big box full of foot controls... I have cool toys - just ask Iris.

Charlee 11-19-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4699182)
I might - send a pic/drawing of the part that plugs into the machine - I have a big box full of foot controls... I have cool toys - just ask Iris.

Diane, Check with Miriam first! LOL

miriam 11-19-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4699185)
Diane, Check with Miriam first! LOL

All kinds of cool toys just don't know what they all go to. The ones that say Kenmore might be a start though... I have some odd disks too - no clue what they go to. I should post pics of odd unidentified stuff... We could all be busy... oops my camera died. bummer.

sew wishful 11-19-2011 03:56 PM

A friend called and wants to buy a new sewing table from JoAnn's (she has a 60% off coupon plus a $15 off coupon) but her hubby won't allow it until she moves out the old one. She calls me. OMGosh....where would I put it?? She wants $15 for it and I'm thinking NO!!! Oh, okay....I'll take it. Dang it!!! Why oh why did she have to call me???? Where or where can I find a niche for it??? This is getting out of hand! Man cave, here I come!!!
Why did I ever click on this thread way back when??? I wouldn't be in this predicament now if I hadn't. You enablers!!!!

Charlee 11-19-2011 04:00 PM

~proud lil smile~ We try, Randa!! Enjoy that new table!

miriam 11-19-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful (Post 4699290)
A friend called and wants to buy a new sewing table from JoAnn's (she has a 60% off coupon plus a $15 off coupon) but her hubby won't allow it until she moves out the old one. She calls me. OMGosh....where would I put it?? She wants $15 for it and I'm thinking NO!!! Oh, okay....I'll take it. Dang it!!! Why oh why did she have to call me???? Where or where can I find a niche for it??? This is getting out of hand! Man cave, here I come!!!
Why did I ever click on this thread way back when??? I wouldn't be in this predicament now if I hadn't. You enablers!!!!

Haven't you heard you can be vaccinated? Just put your finger over the little hole on the machine the needle goes through and then step on the pedal....

sew wishful 11-19-2011 04:20 PM

LOL!!! Sounds painful!! I'll scrunch a few things together (again) and see where I end up!! It's getting to the point I won't be able to stand the quilt rack up in the living room. I need storage not sewing tables...not even sewing machines...unless of course a 301 comes saling by!!!! I did look a NewWestinghouse over real well today at a nearby thrift store. Made a horrible clacking noise. Wouldn't have scared me had it been a Singer, but I just couldn't justify another machine sitting around that needed work. I'm having family here a week after Christmas, so need room!!! (I'm definitely not letting the DH see that table made out of treadle legs....he might get an idea of how to make room and a bigger table for the family!!!)

Quilter7x 11-19-2011 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the foot pedal.

Charlee, I checked the link (thank you for that) but he doesn't have my model foot pedal. This sewing machine is a 158.14101 and the foot pedal model is 6813. I'm going to keep the link for future reference.

jlhmnj 11-19-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x (Post 4698789)
Hi everyone. I just got a new-to-me Kenmore 158.14101 sewing machine. DH says it needs a good cleaning and oiling. We just ordered a manual from eBay. The plastic part of the foot pedal has broken and the foot pedal is not usable like this. I did a Google search for model 6813 foot pedal and they are all sold out. Does anyone here have one they're willing to part with?

Can the pedal be epoxied together or can the old pedal be removed and an aftermarket one installed using the old cord?
Jon

Quilter7x 11-19-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 4699884)
Can the pedal be epoxied together or can the old pedal be removed and an aftermarket one installed using the old cord?
Jon

My DH said that because of the plastic it's made from, there's nothing he can glue it back together with. He was thinking of making some type of metal piece to go in place of the plastic part if we can't find a replacement.