Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 02-06-2012 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 4948481)
I never liked that pattern either and I don't care for the bow tie pattern.

I don't like the bow tie either. Too nerdy looking for me.

justtrish 02-06-2012 12:10 PM

anyone near albany looking for a fiddlebase?

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/2825028164.html

chris_quilts 02-06-2012 12:47 PM

Bernina 117L

Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.

BoJangles 02-06-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4948417)
I like the fabrics in the axehead or apple core quilt. But I must be the only person on this planet that dislikes this pattern since it reminds me of a woman's sanitary napkin.

OMG!!!! I will never be able to look at the apple core pattern again without thinking the same thing now! Thanks Monica!!!!! LOL

Nancy

Glenn 02-06-2012 03:30 PM

No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL

miriam 02-06-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 4949028)
Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.

Chris, why don't you go on the yahoo group for Bernina and see what they know

Glenn 02-06-2012 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=Charlee;4948455]YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! :) Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.

miriam 02-06-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4949478)
No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL

ok so rub it in

Glenn 02-06-2012 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4949592)
ok so rub it in

Ok, my bad just could not resist:D

miriam 02-06-2012 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Glenn;4949591]

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4948455)
YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! :) Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.

sheesh, I should bring some old ladies down to your place - buy them here and sell them there...