Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

irishrose 10-19-2012 07:41 PM

Doggie prayers are being offered from Lily and Moira for Molly's uneventful recovery. Goldens are such sweethearts.

Skip, my block can go in the washer and dryer as long as you don't bake it. I feel the same way about hand washing as I do about hand sewing.

Mizkaki 10-19-2012 07:56 PM

Sharon,

She is adorable. I'll be pulling for her.

Cathy

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5598237)
Hi Everyone,
My golden retriever is having surgery on Wednesday of next week. She went to the vet to get the cyst on her right eye lid looked at this morning. Our vet called me this afternoon to say that the cyst has to come off and also the weird growth in the inside of her cheek that looks like a black raspberry. Our free dog has been a very expensive critter, we love her to death. She loves everybody even the vets and their staff. Think good thoughts for her.
In the picture she's in her favorite napping spot.
Sharon W.

Mizkaki 10-19-2012 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Many German transverse shuttle machines such as the Frister & Rossman and Gritzner came with a grinding wheel to resharpen needles. It was placed on the post that was on the right hand side on the bobbin winder. [ATTACH=CONFIG]371157[/ATTACH]

The grinding wheel that fits my Frister & Rossman (from about 1907) also fits my Wheeler & Wilson #8. It fits over the post that the bobbin fits on when it is being wound. [ATTACH=CONFIG]371156[/ATTACH]

blueheavenfla 10-19-2012 08:32 PM

Our special love is being sent your way along with prayers that this sweet family member will bounce right back from her surgery.

Hi Everyone,
My golden retriever is having surgery on Wednesday of next week. She went to the vet to get the cyst on her right eye lid looked at this morning. Our vet called me this afternoon to say that the cyst has to come off and also the weird growth in the inside of her cheek that looks like a black raspberry. Our free dog has been a very expensive critter, we love her to death. She loves everybody even the vets and their staff. Think good thoughts for her.
Sharon W.

pumpkinpatchquilter 10-20-2012 03:02 AM

Sharon, sending my prayers for your pup. I have a black retriever and he has been the best dog I could have asked for. They are so smart and loving - truly a family member. He could be your pup's darker colored twin! Lol* Hope the surgery goes well for her.

pumpkinpatchquilter 10-20-2012 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5598301)
Many German transverse shuttle machines such as the Frister & Rossman and Gritzner came with a grinding wheel to resharpen needles. It was placed on the post that was on the right hand side on the bobbin winder.

The grinding wheel that fits my Frister & Rossman (from about 1907) also fits my Wheeler & Wilson #8. It fits over the post that the bobbin fits on when it is being wound.

Isn't that just the smartest little thing? Boy they sure thought of everything back then.

miriam 10-20-2012 03:04 AM

Any family member in misery needs prayers.

BoJangles 10-20-2012 05:03 AM

Melinda, it is always nice to hear from you! Yes, I think we all feel life is running us at times! I am retired, but I think I need to retire from my retirement - just to get some time to myself!

Sharon, I am going to be praying for your fur baby!

Glenn, I wash my quilts in the washer and toss them into the dryer! I would use a Shout Color Catcher - maybe throw in 2 or 3 sheets - just to make sure none of the colors run. There is a lot of white in that quilt, but I think most of the blocks won't run. I'd be a little concerned with the darker colors, though. You can't hurt that quilt, it is made to be used and to be washed and dried! But, if I remember correctly, there are a few fish made with a dark blue, plus I have all that red sashing connecting the blocks. That is why I'd use Color Cathers the first few times it was washed. I always use Color Cathers when I wash my quilts for the first time! It is amazing what those little sheets collect!

Nancy

nanna-up-north 10-20-2012 05:59 AM

Hi Everyone,
Sharon W.

She's such a pretty dog...... hope everything goes well. We are such dog lovers but our current puppy is such a rascal. I just hope he will calm down as he gets older. He's just 2 and still so fiesty. Yours looks so calm....

nanna-up-north 10-20-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5598171)
Bojangles Nancy and all you nice people who made my fishy quilt, the beautiful quilt has been camping and fishing three times(camping trips last 10days) and continued to be napped under in my easy chair from the very first day. It is ok to wash this quilt I hope. I usually wash my quilts in the bath tub with gold water and that quilt soap form the quilt store(I don't remember the name) I have a sheet I pick them up when wet and fold as much water out as I can and then air dry. I hope this is okay. This quilt is really used and needs to be cleaned every season.

Thanks Skip

Like Nancy, I just wash mine with color catchers, as well. But, you do whatever you think you should do. It's your quilt but those of us that contributed to it made it for you to use. I'm so glad you're enjoying it..... thanks to Nancy for all her hard work in putting it all together.