Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

chris_quilts 10-30-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5624267)
Chris, your bag of goodies sounds good too. At least you will have the things you need and will use.
Have fun at the bag party.

I went with a pretty lilac fabric DH bought for me plus the box of vintage class 15 bobbins. It was a good decision b/c no one had thought to do anything for me. Lesson learned on my end.

chris_quilts 10-30-2012 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5624316)
Chris, That would make it a Painfulvolintoldrefusal. LOL!

That would be terrible and I bet health insurance doesn't cover that type of thing. Besides,l docs are stingy with pain meds unless it's Tylenol. :D:D:D:D
Chris

sew wishful 10-31-2012 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingweb (Post 5623241)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373436[/ATTACH]Found this yesterday . $29 at Savers. Anyone know much about it? Model 21e. It's adorable!

I have one just like it, including the case. Love this little super heavy machine! I paid $65 for mine and brought it home and it didn't run. The bobbin winder was wacky and I had to have a guy look it over for me. He works on anything with the HV name! $25 later I have it back. I think it is a really really cool machine! (I haven't used it much other than to know it sews, but I love looking at it!) If I had a bigger sewing room, I'd have five or six machine out and ready to sew! I have 3 out, but couldn't fit another in!

quiltingweb 10-31-2012 04:43 AM

When I opened the case, sitting there, on the floor of the thrift store, I was pretty excited. So cute. I thought it was missing it's foot, but I later found it in the case. It has no other attachments, but it runs well and it was fun finding out what all the knobs did. I watched videos on youtube last night. I didn't see my exact machine, just the 21 and the 21A, but they are similar enough. Next time I have to travel with a machine, this is the one I'm taking. I love the big extended surface along with the skinny free arm it has. There was another one, a Singer hiding in a Kenmore case for $39, but this one was so cute, I couldn't resist. ...still thinking about that Singer though.

Weedwoman 10-31-2012 05:42 AM

Been busy and haven't checked in for a while. On a little visit to a friends house we went junking and I got an old machine in a mission style cabinet. Was so happy to find it and DH has already fixed all the things that needed fixed and got the old machine running great. I also picked up a Singer Merritt 2404 at a thrift shop but it has only one cam. Can anybody tell me if cams from any other machine will work in this machine? I will so appreciate any info that can be offered.

grant15clone 10-31-2012 06:09 AM

Weedwoman, I just went through this myself. This should help. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Sewing-32...04-machine.htm

Originally Posted by Weedwoman (Post 5625229)
Been busy and haven't checked in for a while. On a little visit to a friends house we went junking and I got an old machine in a mission style cabinet. Was so happy to find it and DH has already fixed all the things that needed fixed and got the old machine running great. I also picked up a Singer Merritt 2404 at a thrift shop but it has only one cam. Can anybody tell me if cams from any other machine will work in this machine? I will so appreciate any info that can be offered.

miriam 10-31-2012 03:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I've been out spending money again... I found a Phoenix. This machine is pretty cool - made in Germany - 1950s
it has a cam stack - I find it similar to the Singer 319 in some ways. I took pics but I don't know if they will post.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373728[/ATTACH]
and
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373729[/ATTACH]
The bobbin has a flip down cover the case and bobbin ride in. Whole area is full of lint.
There is a lever on the back to push as the lever for the disks is pushed to select design stitches
There is no manual but I found a sales brochure in wonderful condition.

miriam 10-31-2012 03:23 PM

What ever it shows up so far. I'm almost afraid to post any more pictures on this page. I'd like to show off the back of the machine a bit though.

miriam 10-31-2012 03:27 PM

Weedwoman - glad you found some good junk - I have no trouble locating perfectly good junk.

We've been fighting with the drunk guy's insurance - (hit our son a couple weeks ago) they think our car is worth junk price or trade in value or something. We can't find one like it for sale very easily. way too much drama around here.

miriam 10-31-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Phoenix linty bobbin area:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373734[/ATTACH]