Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 03-05-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5907324)
Miz Johnny, we have muddled along by ourselves without you, but jeeeeze it is good to have you back! Most of us have acquired quite a list of new to us machines too. I think you still beat most of us on total number of machines though! Except, maybe Miriam, she has a lot of machines! I am down to about 50!

Nancy

I don't even know how many machines I have - well over 100 - most of them just need good homes.

Yankeegirl 03-05-2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5907303)
Yankeegirl, welcome! Your 'Bette' cabinet is in very nice shape. I also have a 'Betty.' My 'Betty' is the Vertical Feed version? What is your 'Bette?'

Nancy

I am embarassed to say that I don't know. I will be stopping by the shop this weekend and will get some pics of her. Guess I was a little to excited lol. You have a wonderful collection of machines! I have been reading from page one (I know - crazy!!) and have watched your collection grow. Will let you know what I find out on Saturday.

Crossstitcher 03-06-2013 06:30 AM

Welcome back Miz Johnny. Glad to see you again. Thanks for the info. on the bobbin tire.

Crossstitcher 03-06-2013 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Miriam, I was looking on the net at different machines and I thought this one matched yours. Here is the picture and whats written under it. (This is another fantastic Visetti. These made by Toyota machines are built as well or better than the popular European brands such as Bernina, Pfaff, Viking, Necchi and Elna of the same era.
This machine now sews in Norfolk, VA.) doesn't look as if it uses cams tho.

miriam 03-06-2013 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture again:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]400169[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-06-2013 11:59 AM

I can see similarities! IMHO that is one well made machine. I really like it. It is reasonably simple inside and well machined. I wonder what disks it uses.

J Miller 03-06-2013 02:57 PM

Miriam,

Next time we come over to Indy we'll bring the unidentified set of cams and if you'll have all your machines out that need cams perhaps we can make a match.

Joe

miriam 03-06-2013 03:03 PM

Joe, I don't know if I want you to come until AUGUST. Every time you think you are coming here it snows. You must have been remotely thinking about it yesterday. We must have gotten 3 or 4 inches overnight.

J Miller 03-06-2013 07:31 PM

Miriam,

Guilty as charged. But that storm passed right over us and we got just some fine icy stuff that briefly turned the ground white then melted. By tomorrow we'll be outside working on the Pathfinder getting ready for next week. :D

Joe

miriam 03-07-2013 01:21 AM

It is suppose to warm up for the week end - the stuff should mostly melt and leave the mountains in the parking lots looking weird.