Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SteveH 10-11-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 6342814)
Thanks Steve and Monica! The best thing about the deal I got was that I got a Centennial FW! This FW was on my wish list along with getting a free arm 222 and a tan FW!

Nancy

That is so cool! I have a similar list... only one featherweight on it though, a 222, just because.

amyjo 10-11-2013 06:58 PM

I too am looking for a 222. I have 2 black FW's and my sister is looking for the white one and the tan one for me. Gave her aprice range and let her run with it. I have a black and a tan 301, the tan 1 is in a case. looking for a case for the black one, but will put in my FW table if I need to and leave it set up to sew. It sews so nice. I also have a older Brother that was serviced, but I need to change the cord. not right on it. Have a 201 in cabinet for $10 and have all the attachments and buttonholer for it too. No stool, wouldn't be able to sit on it anyway- probably break it. Got the machine I got from Steve setting on my cabinet. looking for a face plate tho. She sure is pretty Steve. Amy

purplefiend 10-12-2013 07:28 AM

I have two of the Singer cabinet stools, but they're not sturdy enough for anyone but small children. :( I'd love to be able to use them with my treadles.
Sharon

lklos303 10-13-2013 08:47 AM

I have a singer 221 Featherweight. I had to replace the original motor with a new one. However, the brushes keep twisting in the casing and then the machine slows to a crawl. I would like to have this motor checked or rebuilt. Anyone know of a reputable dealer? There used to be someone in Missouri, however, I have since lost the address. Any help would be appreciated. Lois

missgigglewings 10-17-2013 06:20 PM

I'm not even sure this is a vintage machine, but I cannot find anything about it on the Baby Lock website. It says Baby Lock Companion BL500 on the front. It was dirty and needed a new belt...I replaced the belt, cleaned it up inside and out, oiled it and plugged it in. She purrs like a kitten and is fast and quiet! She is small like a featherweight and really cleaned up pretty! I absolutely love this little machine and would like to know more about it. Any ideas of where to find info? serial number is: sz900830544 Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

chris_quilts 10-20-2013 12:08 PM

DH did awesomely on Friday. He went to an estate sale and put in a 1/2 price bid on a black 301 in the grass suitcase plus he bought a $10 box of "Singer stuff" as it was labeled there. He got called that he was the only interested buyer so he picked it up. I got home yesterday and looked thru the goodies and at the the machine. The goodies are a 301 zigzagger attachment with all the cams plus a 301 button holer, a blind stitch attachment (not sure yet that it's for a 310) and a fabric gripper. The stuff also cam with some black plastic cams but no idea what machine(s) they go to except that it appears to be a complete set and make some cool stitches.

FYI: How do you clean up a grass suitcase??

miriam 10-20-2013 05:22 PM

You would know as soon as you tried to use it if an attachment is not for that machine. If it is a short shank attachment the foot won't go down all the way. If it is a long shank attachment and you snap it down it may change the timing on the needle bar...

chris_quilts 10-20-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6359267)
You would know as soon as you tried to use it if an attachment is not for that machine. If it is a short shank attachment the foot won't go down all the way. If it is a long shank attachment and you snap it down it may change the timing on the needle bar...

Okay, I wasn't sure but do have the part # so can check it out that way. I have very little use for a blind hem stitch attachment at any rate.

BoJangles 10-21-2013 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 6358827)
DH did awesomely on Friday. He went to an estate sale and put in a 1/2 price bid on a black 301 in the grass suitcase plus he bought a $10 box of "Singer stuff" as it was labeled there. He got called that he was the only interested buyer so he picked it up. I got home yesterday and looked thru the goodies and at the the machine. The goodies are a 301 zigzagger attachment with all the cams plus a 301 button holer, a blind stitch attachment (not sure yet that it's for a 310) and a fabric gripper. The stuff also cam with some black plastic cams but no idea what machine(s) they go to except that it appears to be a complete set and make some cool stitches.

FYI: How do you clean up a grass suitcase??

Chris you realize, I am sure, that any attachment that fits the 301 will also work on other slant shank machines too? Because the attachments are for a slant shank and you also have cams - I'd bet Top Hat Cams - I am thinking there was a 400 or 500 series Singer to go with those attachments and the cams!

Congratulations on your new toys! I can't help on the case cleanup!

Nancy

chris_quilts 10-21-2013 07:59 AM

Nancy;

The cams that go with the zigzagger attachment are the metal kind. The black plastic cams I am not sure. Does the 400 or 500 series need the zigzagger attachment? I thought they had that as built in feature.

Anyhoo, I will post photos of all when I get back from the next jaunt with my job. "On the Road Again" appears to be my theme song.