Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SteveH 07-26-2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wilburness (Post 6818843)
where did you attend a ray white class and was it worth it?

Never attended one, Yes they are worth it. (On my list to save for)

And Miriam is 110% correct about Cathy(Mizkaki) The pittance "I" know about sewing machines is all I have been able to retain of the amazing amount of knowledge she has been patiently trying to teach me.... Oh, and her garage looks like a sewing machine version of Home Depot!!! hehehe

miriam 07-27-2014 01:24 AM

Ray's class was in Missouri. Yes worth it.

ThayerRags 07-27-2014 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6819038)
Ray's class was in Missouri. Yes worth it.

So.....when can we expect to see the “Mariam’s Super Service” shingle come out.....? And where.....?

CD in Oklahoma

miriam 07-27-2014 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6819145)
So.....when can we expect to see the “Mariam’s Super Service” shingle come out.....? And where.....?

CD in Oklahoma

Miriam needs a place to bang a shingle

ThayerRags 07-27-2014 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6819834)
Miriam needs a place to bang a shingle

Oooooh!! I can envision a 1950s panel van with the rounded corners, painted with the vintage Singer pea-green paint, with a great big “M” on the doors (instead of the red “S”), black-wall tires to keep down cost, a pin cushion hung from the mirror inside, and people gathering around it to the point that you can hardly see van for the crowd.

Or maybe a 1960s panel van with the squared-off, more-stylish corners, painted white over green, with a great big sign painted on the white panel telling the world that “Miriam’s Super Service is the Best You Can Get!”, and big ol’ whitewall tires that not only speak of the hard miles this repair-mobile will go to satisfy customers, old or young, but of the classy service you can only get at Mariam’s. No hubcaps on the shiny black wheels. Hubcaps are just extra fluff, and you don’t get fluff at Miriam’s Super Service. You get the real deal. The only fluff is interchangeable interior mirror hangings, (depending on which state the WalMart Parking Lot is in where it’s parked), ranging from fuzzy dice to a multi-color dream catcher. Wherever it’s at, cars full of sewing machines needing repairs are lined up for blocks to get to Miriam’s van!

And either one of these cool vans could be setting patiently outside of a 50x100 state-of-the-art, fully-air-conditioned, and fully staffed deluxe Sewing Machine Service Center. This magnificent complex sets on 5 acres of only the most prime Real Estate in one of the most sought-after commercial properties in the nation. It has a wet-bar, day-care center, and an exercise room for crying out loud! Yes... the cool van.... setting patiently outside..... until Miriam herself is ready to “Make Another Road Trip” to provide remote service to thousands of sewing machine customers from coast-to-coast. Hoooraaaayyyy!!!!

What a Glorious Site!

(Of course, I can see a pup-tent with a bicycle leaning against it too....)

CD in Oklahoma

miriam 07-27-2014 04:21 PM

I already have the 1988 Chevy van with no hubcaps but it does have the tall ceiling. The mirror keeps falling off so I would have to come up with something else to hang the foofa stuff... I have a comfy bed that goes in it... Oh and it has very cool interior lights - but I think the exterior ones might have fallen off... It does need a paint job but all I need is some Rust-o-lium and a roller and I can turn it any color and if you are looking at if from a distance it wouldn't be too bad. I guess I could go all out and have my BIL paint it up nice and then paint a psychedelic pink sewing machine on the side with out the doors... Or maybe just let all those people standing in line paint a quilt block on it... Oh and I could give all the fluff that comes in the bobbin area of the sewing machine back to the customer in a zip bag so we wouldn't have to have any fluff... Shoot that truck is big enough for a little old wet bar and a day care if it is only Wilbur and he would be easily amused with just an I-phone.... Of course he would want to ride along and oil machines. Yes I could go coast to coast and park in QB member's drive ways...

ThayerRags 07-27-2014 05:06 PM

"At'll work!"

CD in Oklahoma

wilburness 07-27-2014 05:29 PM

when you go north to wisconsin, you can park in my driveway. I have a hookup for electric but you will have to come inside to use the bathroom and shower. COME ON. I'M READY FOR Y'ALL!
karen

SteveH 07-29-2014 04:06 PM

hey folks...

I just got this back from a person that I had inquired with about a sewing machine..

"Thank you so very much for your interest but we have already sold the sewing machine. It went to a women who's grandmother had the same model but another relative sold it off and she has been looking for years to find one"

That is EXACTLY what started me in this crazy collecting thing, looking for a match to Grandma Daisy's Singer Treadle (not found one yet)

I replied to that lady that even though I am sad to have missed it, I am even happier that it went this way!!!

manicmike 07-29-2014 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6823167)
I replied to that lady that even though I am sad to have missed it, I am even happier that it went this way!!!

Good to read Steve. Hope they know how to use it too :thumbup: