Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

litacats 08-05-2014 01:00 AM

I would love a treadle machine. I nearly bought one but i didn't have room in the car at the time. then it was gone, I mentioned it to my DH a couple of weeks ago and he said why didn't you buy it, I was brought up using an old singer treadle if you went backwards by mistake it would snap the thread, I was about 11 and using the machine making dolls cloths for my barbie doll, when it went backwards and snapped the thread this happened 4 times and I said bother it, next thing mum clouts me around the ears, I said what was that for and she said for saying what you did, so I said I only said bother it so she then said well that will do for all the times I don't hear you, !!!!!!

litacats 08-05-2014 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6825453)
In other news, I have some really great friends down in Georgia that saw a Feldman SM in a shop down there a while back and sent me a pic. I told them that I liked it. Well, yesterday they went there and bought it for me and it should be here Sat. Really great friends. I am very excited about this project. It is missing a couple of things but I like a challenge.
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485740[/ATTACH]

I have seen some like that we have an auction house 100kl away from us and they sometimes have old machines, I bought my old industrial machines but they are electric, I will definetly buy the next machine I see then when the power goes out like it did all day I will still be able to sew.

Glenn 08-05-2014 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grant, I have some pics ready for you. (Feldman Hat machine) PM me your email and I will send the file to you.
I Can also post them here but they are detailed as you wanted.
Skip[ATTACH=CONFIG]486492[/ATTACH]

Fawar 08-11-2014 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4936018)
LIKE the boogie man, too.....

Hey guys, i'm looking for help here.

My grand-mother has the exact same one has in the quoted picture + she has the wooden desk that originaly came with it.

Is it worth anything? Collectionor or hardware wise?

Thank you very much

miriam 08-11-2014 03:58 PM

Welcome Fawar,
Price depends on demand where you are at. A lot of people think a machine like that is worth a lot of money... All you can do is try but it is only worth what someone else will pay. We really don't do any kind of appraisals on here. We do have a thread about all the high prices and goofy weird stuff we see on Craig's List and some times Ebay. http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...w-t237996.html
Since stuff gets deleted you may want to start in the back sort of.

Sherricrisp 08-11-2014 04:08 PM

Hey guys, I have been thinking of selling my singer 127 (the3/4 size). It has a crackle finish and blackside parts. Would it be considered collectable?
Sherri

miriam 08-11-2014 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sherricrisp (Post 6841098)
Hey guys, I have been thinking of selling my singer 127 (the3/4 size). It has a crackle finish and blackside parts. Would it be considered collectable?
Sherri

Only to someone who is collecting them.

manicmike 08-11-2014 11:02 PM

Sherri

Sherri, I doubt there would be many people interested in it because of that finish.
Your best bet would be to scan eBay and see what they actually sell for. You didn't say if it's in a cabinet or a portable. If it has a hand crank, that will make it much more desirable.

miriam 08-12-2014 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike (Post 6841448)
Sherri, I doubt there would be many people interested in it because of that finish.
Your best bet would be to scan eBay and see what they actually sell for. You didn't say if it's in a cabinet or a portable. If it has a hand crank, that will make it much more desirable.

I've had several - they don't sell very quickly and not much money - not around here anyway.

grant15clone 08-12-2014 04:32 AM

Sherri

I just picked up a crinkle finish and blackslide faceplate etc. 128 in a bentwood case. The case was in average condition, and the machine was in good condition. I got a bargain but only bought it because it was a bargain at $11. They are like any other 127/128 out there-they sew well. Crinkle finish machines have a little lower value but, in my opinion, are a good value for someone that wants to sew with a vintage machine a lot, or a beginner collector.
~Grant~