Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 08-28-2014 01:15 PM

I think I might have one. Does yours have a reverse lever?

ThayerRags 08-28-2014 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6863912)
Does yours have a reverse lever?

Yes on mine. It comes out under the upper shaft, instead of out through the pillar.

CD in Oklahoma

Claudiak2 08-28-2014 01:59 PM

ThayerRags, Thanks for the reply again. Yes I think my machine is 3/4 size also. So the #705 will take a standard needle. That's good. I'm sure it's a European size needle type since the manual is old. No date on the manual of course, so it could of been replaced with a standard manual such as yours.

miriam 08-28-2014 02:01 PM

Mine takes regular everyday normal off the store peg needles.

grant15clone 08-28-2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6863897)
That, I don’t know. My database says that it takes a DBx1 or 16x257 needle, but there’s a question mark beside that entry. I wouldn’t swear to it. If the 705 on your slide plate is referring to a European needle, they may be talking about a Schmetz 130/705, which is the most common household needle in use (Singer 15x1, Japanese HAx1). I can’t verify a needle type for you.

CD in Oklahoma

I have some of the 16X257 needles. Email me if you need any. I had a friend that needed some for an Anker/Free Westinghouse today.
~Grant~

Rodney 08-28-2014 04:06 PM

Nice looking little machine. I like the simplicity of the decals, they're more like a machine from the 1930s on but the bentwood case and style of the lettering makes it seem older. I'm not even going to guess at the actual year it was made. Very pretty machine.
Rodney

BoJangles 08-29-2014 05:42 AM

Hello everyone! I haven't visited for some time - got a message from Miriam and Trish (crossstitcher) on the same day asking why! Wow, were you two talking? If not that is weird! I still have most of my machines - still use my 319W in treadle for everyday sewing and piecing. I had to move 3 more of my treadles out to my sewing machine museum - my house was just getting too cluttered! I am not collecting anymore except for the occasional featherweight or a 301 if I see them - I can't resist those machines - and Pfaff's of course! I wish I could keep all my treadles in the house so I could use them. It makes me sad that they not readily available. Anyway, I will try to visit more often!

Nancy

grant15clone 08-29-2014 06:31 AM

Nancy, it gets weirder. I was thinking about you and your absence from here just yesterday. Hmmm.
I am glad you dropped in to say hi.
~G~

Glenn 08-29-2014 11:26 AM

Nancy glad to hear you are okay. I have almost worn the fishy quilt out waiting for you to post again. :D I did contact Charlie to see if she is okay and she is fine just dealing with family. I am having to slow down on collecting machines to now that I have 50+ machines. I do sew with them thou. The wife put her foot down and said no more we don't have anymore room. Glad to hear from you anyway.
Skip

Crossstitcher 08-29-2014 03:51 PM

Nancy no I haven't talked with Miriam just great minds think alike.lol. Think Glenn was on the same brain wave. Dave and I are glad everyone is doing well. Stopped collecting machines until today and lady gave us 3 machines. Two in cabinets and one yucky portable. Don't know what they are yet have to pick them up.
Glenn glad you are still using the fishy quilt that was a blast to make with everyone making a square and Nancy did a great job putting it all together.