Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Rodney 12-28-2014 11:24 AM

I like the suitcase style case for the handcrank machine. But then I haven't seen a 99 I didn't like.
Merry Christmas! Even if it is a little late.
Rodney

Crazy Quiltin Robin 12-28-2014 09:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hey guys and gals I got this Jones Hand crank for Christmas .... can anyone tell me anything about it. 49339 0n stitch length plate

miriam 12-29-2014 03:20 AM

lucky lucky lucky - everybody I know thinks I have too many machines to give me something good.

chris_quilts 12-29-2014 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 7025103)
lucky lucky lucky - everybody I know thinks I have too many machines to give me something good.

I am in that same boat Miriam. Love that Jones hand crank.

JudyTheSewer 12-29-2014 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 7025014)
hey guys and gals I got this Jones Hand crank for Christmas .... can anyone tell me anything about it. 49339 0n stitch length plate

The only think I can tell you is that it is one beautiful machine :D:D:D ! Congratulations on your wonderful gift.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 12-29-2014 05:44 PM

1893 fiddle base hand crank

We found out last night that is a 1893 Jones ...she runs so pretty ..... if I can figure out how to post the video I'll let you know .... she is a fiddle base and I am addicted to old sewing machines .....I have 3 treadles ,2 hand cranks .... a featherweight. 2 singer 401's and 2 little black 99"s I think .... they are old one has a bullet bobbin and one has a drop in bobbin ....I have pictures of them all ....... I have some pieces of old treadle and one little black one that my sister in law found that needs to be gone through and reworked ....has a wood case .....then I have 2 nice tables made from treadle bases ..... I admit it I am hooked on sewing machine addiction ......lol....... I love my machines .... I just turned 64 and after being diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma in 2008 I love my machines they make me happy and I love to sew on them ...... my newest chemo is in pill form and I am blessed to have had little to no side effects and only feel tired ..... yep God has been good me all these years ... sewing is my therapy ...

Crazy Quiltin Robin 12-30-2014 10:58 PM

she won't sew ..HELP!!!!!!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
I am hoping I got the bobbin in right ..... and I need help with the threading .....

Crazy Quiltin Robin 12-30-2014 11:01 PM

the end of the Jones

2 Attachment(s)
this is the end of the machine .....I think I had it threaded right but the thread keeps breaking ..........

Crazy Quiltin Robin 12-31-2014 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin (Post 7027754)
this is the end of the machine .....I think I had it threaded right but the thread keeps breaking ..........

Thayer Rags can you help me out ?

ThayerRags 12-31-2014 04:32 AM

I’ve never threaded one of those machines in my life. I’m hoping someone else will give you some input.

CD in Oklahoma