Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quilterguy27 05-04-2010 12:27 PM

Guess what? I found a FW. Saving for it. Can't wait to get it. You have re-inspired me to get this machine. I can't wait to get it and start sewing on it. Love this group and this thread. Thanks Billy! It's all your fault, oops, I mean I owe it all to you, LOL!

SewExtremeSeams 05-04-2010 12:29 PM

Great Doug, do you have any photos of to-be-yours FW? I have been sewing on mine for this past week and I love it. :thumbup:

summerstorm 05-04-2010 02:11 PM

The finish on the machine looks great.

Sharon

Lostn51 05-04-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Here is the Decker Trundle driven machine. :?: :?:

With the wheel on the right inside of the cabinet, I wonder if she meant 'treadle'? I'm stumped. I have written to the owner but have not heard back yet. ;-)

Get it if the price is right, it is in a Parlor cabinet and they are hard to come by and are expensive when you do find them.

I am looking for a Franklin treadle in a parlor cabinet, and a Singer 201K in a Drawing room cabinet!!!

Billy

wvdek 05-04-2010 10:12 PM

What do you mean by "parlor" cabinet? I am not familiar with that term.

Also, when using kerosene, does it matter if it is the white or the pink?

Charlee 05-04-2010 11:17 PM

A parlor cabinet is one that is not just the run of the mill cabinet. It usually closed off all signs of the sewing machine and treadle mechanisms, and as such, was suitable to be displayed in the parlor. (a formal living room)
I wouldn't think the kerosene would matter...

summerstorm 05-05-2010 04:35 AM

Morning All,

How do you post here without attaching it to a previous post?

What are knee levelers and how are the used on a portable?

Ebay Item number: 170480767596

Blessings,

Sharon

Lostn51 05-05-2010 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by summerstorm
Morning All,

How do you post here without attaching it to a previous post?

What are knee levelers and how are the used on a portable?

Ebay Item number: 170480767596

Blessings,

Sharon

The knee lever goes into the hole in the base of the machine. That is your gas pedal for the machine, you use your knee to operate the lever therefore making the machine sew.

Billy

ginnie6 05-05-2010 05:07 AM

I had never used a knee lever until recently but now I have to wonder WHY they quit doing that? Foot pedals slide across the floor and move around. I love my knee lever!

Lostn51 05-05-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I had never used a knee lever until recently but now I have to wonder WHY they quit doing that? Foot pedals slide across the floor and move around. I love my knee lever!

My Kenmore I put in a non Kenmore cabinet (its amazing what you can do with a pencil and a saw :mrgreen: ) I put the foot pedal in as a knee control. I just added an optional lever to the pedal itself and when I use the machine all I do is fold down the lever and I am ready to go!

Billy